Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Associate Product Manager-Remote (any location in US) to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 5116
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Marketing
Work Location : Davidson, NC (CSC)
State or Province : North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location : United States : North Carolina : Davidson
Associate Product Manager
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
At MSC, >60% of our transactions are transacted electronically with about $1B running through our web platform and we’re just getting started. We are growing our e-Commerce team and investing in forwardthinking digital solutions. As we build out the team, we are looking for a smart and innovative leader who is self-sufficient and thrives in ambiguity, has experience in modelling data, and can drive results across business and technical teams. This is an opportunity to be a part of something special, help us build the future of digital at MSC, and really impact our delivery of an outstanding customer experience.
The position of Associate Product Manager will drive customer experience initiatives for MSC’s digital products. This position regular communications with senior management across various streams of the company presenting strategies and project updates. The Associate Product Manager partners with Product Managers to work with key stakeholders within MSC Digital to design and build functionality that will drive execution of MSC’s strategic objectives. This role develops online customer-facing experiences and analyze data flows and data mapping. This is an agile environment which requires the role to be flexible, self-driven and remain hyper-focused on improving our customer’s journey.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with predictive models to analyze, creating user segmentation, extracting insights that drive business decisions.
* Leverages technical knowledge of legacy (SAP and IBM) and modern systems (SAAS), 3rd party systems and APIs to create a holistic solution.
* Collaborates with cross-functional teams to define scope, budget and transform the existing framework or design/develop new models to ensure a first-class customer experience.
* Collaborates with customers, partners, peers and stakeholders to understand requirements, define the scope of work, and build micro-roadmaps aligned with the vision of the digital strategy organization.
* Gathers internal and external customer needs, opportunities and gaps and translate into solutions/product features to deliver a world class vendor integration platform.
* Creates and refines artifacts such as use cases, user stories, and process flows to communicate features to both the engineering teams and stakeholders.
* Maps out processes, identifies process improvements and influences teams.
* Manages and drives the short-term feature delivery schedule.
* Identifies and raises issues that may compromise feature delivery success.
* Performs user acceptance testing on new features.
* Manages multiple tasks concurrently and work within tight deadlines to balance workload effectively.
* Collaborates with the respective engineering / development partners to assist in designing scalable solutions that provide the best customer experience.
* Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
* Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
*INDICATES ESSENTIAL DUTIES To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, experience level and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, related technical field or equivalent practical experience required.
Minimum of two years of relevant product management required.
Minimum of three years of applicable experience; e.g. experience gathering & documenting requirements, authoring user stories and acceptance criteria, building wireframes, and creating other associated artifacts to inform software engineers and the development process required.
Analytical skills to elicit and analyze requirements and define scope objectives using spreadsheet modeling, pivot tables, Power BI, Tableau, etc. Ability to interact with Engineers and Designers on technical topics to identify best possible decisions.
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Organized and creative problem solver – ability to analyze complex data and user requests into simple design approved solutions.
Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Agile Software Development