St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
* Up to $300 Sign On Bonus! *
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigns personnel so that all essential tray line, cafeteria, patient service and sanitation positions are covered with properly trained personnel.
- Covers shorthanded areas by the least expensive method within established guidelines.
- Documents late, excused/unexcused absences, and performance problems.
- Monitors the performance of Food and Nutrition Services staff. Corrects problems that arise.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding to department, policies, and procedures and makes recommendations for corrective actions when necessary.
- Completes the pre-service checklist assuring that all serving equipment is functioning properly, all food item temperatures comply with department standards and that each station is stocked well enough to complete the meals service in progress.
- Ensures that all special orders and special diet items are prepared, present, portioned properly, and labeled. Approves substitutions when necessary.
- Monitors the entire meal service and ensures that food is served properly, attractively, in order, and delivered in a timely fashion. Returns unacceptable food to production.
- Checks all tray line and cafeteria stations to ensure that they are cleaned and sanitized before employees go on break, and again before they leave.
- Ensures that all dishes and utensils are cleaned, sanitized, and properly re-stocked in time for the next meal service deadline.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Walking for up to 7 hours, 30 minutes at a time; sitting for up to 1 hour at a time and standing up to 1 ½ hours for 30 minutes at a time. Frequently uses handling and occasionally twisting/turning, lifting (1-50 lb.), carrying (1-50 lb.), pushing (1-50 lb.), and pulling (1-50 lb.). When performing essential functions, occasionally involves with stooping/bending, climbing, reaching above shoulder level. Employee must have the ability to hear normal conversation, have general vision, far vision, and peripheral vision.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous supervisory experience in a food service environment, preferred but not necessary.
Part-time. First shift. 18 hours per week, Bethlehem Campus. Every other weekend. Every other holiday.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Tray Line Supervisor, First Shift, 18 hrs/wk[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Tray Line Supervisor, First Shift, 18 hrs/wk
- Restaurant Operation
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)