NWN is recognized as one of the top 18 Cisco partners in the U.S. and a leader in the IT services industry with many awards and elite certifications from Hewlett Packard, NetApp, EMC, Microsoft and VMware to name only a few. With nearly 600 employees in 12 locations across the U.S. the company is on a fast track to even greater success.
NWN Corporation is currently seeking four (4) Desktop Technicians
for a short-term project on behalf of our esteemed client in Boston, MA
. This is a Short-Term Contract
opportunity that will begin mid June and is expected to last 6-8 weeks.
The pay range for this role is $25.00 - $30.00/hr, based on experience.IMPORTANT NOTE: This role will have "normal business hours " (i.e. 8a-5p M-F) with some before and after hours work (before 7am, after 5pm). Technicians must have some flexibility in their schedules to accomodate some earlier mornings/later evenings.
The position will work on a mass Migrations project, providing first-level support to internal and external customers for company approved hardware and software applications; troubleshoot, document and resolve or escalate issues/requests using defined processes/procedures, ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.Responsibilities include:
identification, research, and resolution of technical problems such as break/fix, Windows OS, printer issues, drive mappings, etc. Experience with Windows 7/ Windows 10 migrations & support
and Active Directory
is required.Desktop Support Technician
-- Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate's degree in Computer Science and/or related program or equivalent experience
3-5 years Desktop Support experience (MUST have some onsite/deskside experience. can not be fully remote/phone support)
2-3 years of experience with Windows 7/ Windows 10 migrations and support within an enterprise environment is REQUIRED
1-2 years of experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Windows 7 and MS Office troubleshooting
- Strong customer service, technical and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of basic networking technologies.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, i.e. executives, managers, subject matter experts, escalation groups and end users
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Must be dependable and reliable.
: Working knowledge of help desk ticketing software system (Remedy, ServiceNow, FootPrint, or similar). MCITP, MCTS, A+, or Network+ certifications, are a major plus!
Resolve Technical Issue
Provide User Support
Provide Technical Assistance
Provide Desktop Support