EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Security Escort
EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a part time Escort in Suitland, MD. The objective is to maintain a high level of security at selected operations. This is NOT an armed security position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors will keep in their sight, at all times, all Non-cleared personnel working at their site unless otherwise permitted per the applicable standard.
- Represent on site, as the Escort, with personnel that are un-cleared and unauthorized to be on site without proper escort.
- Be alert for activities, which could result in safety or security incidents.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all permanent site members.
- Escorts will ensure that non-cleared personel are visually monitored with the objective to keep unauthorized personnel from gaining intentional or unintentional access to restricted areas.
- Be able to control and monitor the activities of 1-3 individuals at a time.
- Escorts are required general visual monitoring of non-cleared personnel and vehicles which carry such personnel.
- Escorts require attention to detail by checking identification badges of non-cleared personnel and preventing unauthorized access to restricted areas.
- Escorts will be trained to familiarize themselves with the agency’s requirements for personnel accessing Restricted Areas, including all Restricted Areas within the agency. This includes U.S. military and civilian personnel.
- Escorts will be trained for the technical standard monitoring and escort practices of each type/classification of work site.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Be able to operate basic telephone instruments and operation a computer and basic security software programs as well as email.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must have a valid U.S. State Drivers License.
- Must have and maintain a DoD TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance.
- A current U.S. Passport is desirable.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years of related experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to occasionally stand, walk and sit, use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment; reach with hands or arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop or kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The physical work environment will be both in a professional office environment as well as outdoors, construction sites and military bases.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled