Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located 35 south west of Chicago, Frankfort is a village in Will County, Illinois, with a small portion in Cook County. The population was 17,782 at the 2010 census, up from 10,391 in 2000. According to Forbes.com, in 2007 the village ranked as the 36th fastest growing suburb in the United States.
The plant was built in 1965, manufactures food service and food packaging products (custom and stock foam), and has approximately 300 employees.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Plant Maintenance Manager
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
This position is accountable for the day to day availability and reliability of the facility and equipment. Lead 24/7/365 maintenance activities to ensure safe, effective, efficient, continuous plant operation through proactive maintenance and reliability, risk analysis and assessment. Supervise assigned personnel and contractors to minimize scheduled and unscheduled downtimes, and approach maintenance as an investment with a goal of reducing costs over the long run. Drive a planned and predictive, failure elimination, data-based organization to maximize line performance. Provide expertise, maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical and electronic components.
- Respond to problems in a timely manner utilizing the Process Interruption Rapid Response Process and keep plant management informed of special occurrences
- Assure credibility of the maintenance functions by meeting committed downtimes, turning equipment over that functions properly, providing information as needed, and fostering a data driven organization utilizing a CMMS
- Oversee Pre-PM’s and Kitting/Staging activities to be through, effective and efficient to promote successful planned maintenance downtimes
- Promote precision maintenance, PM optimization, and the growth of PdM by optimizing the use of condition monitoring techniques, i.e.; vibration, infrared, ultrasound, motor circuit evaluation, oil sampling
- Conduct routine audits of maintenance execution work to review EHS, PMS and GMP adherence, completeness, work order accuracy, time allotment, and sponsor and promote 5S housekeeping
- Utilize problem solving techniques including PDCA to solve problems to root cause, implement actions that prevent re-occurrence, improve operations, etc.
- Direct the operation and maintenance of facility systems to provide uninterrupted service, i.e.; plant power, plant compressed air, plant vacuum, plant chill water, plant fire protection, and support energy conservation initiatives
- Adhere to maintenance budget by managing monthly spend to the given forecast, lower maintenance spends from previous year month to month, and explain variances as requested
- Drive a zero EHS incident culture, support and participate in incident investigations to determine root cause and identify preventive actions, correct unsafe conditions and acts immediately, and use every incident or near miss as a teaching moment for subordinates and others as necessary
- Attend all Tier meetings and utilize the Pactiv Business System (PBS) to promote continuous improvement, i.e.; A3, 5S, SMED, Standard Work, Problem Solving, etc.
- Own the spare parts inventory by adjusting min/max levels appropriately, maintaining the items, reducing inventory when possible, etc.
- Oversee and support design and process changes, installations, troubleshooting, completing repairs, and providing data to improve maintenance and reliability processes
- Interpret drawings, diagrams, schematics, specifications, PLC ladder diagrams, etc., and understand hydraulics, pneumatics, electric circuitry, electronics and electromechanical concepts, both AC and DC
- Associates Degree in Maintenance or Industrial Technology or equivalent preferred
- Minimum ten years industrial maintenance experience
- Industrial facility systems experience, i.e.; power, compressed air, vacuum, chill water, fire protection, etc.
- Supervisor experience
- Maintenance knowledge, skills, and abilities in electrical, mechanical, and electronic disciplines
- PLC experience and ability to troubleshoot issues - need to be able to look at a program understand it well enough to spot issues.
- Understanding of preventive (PM) and predictive (PdM) maintenance techniques
- Maintenance planning and scheduling knowledge to execute planned work and record unplanned work
- Maintenance spare parts knowledge to establish stocking levels and sourcing strategies
- Maintenance metrics knowledge to monitor, optimize and drive continuous improvement
- Highly developed human relation skills to lead, direct, motivate and aid subordinate personnel
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft applications, Outlook, SAP, Maintenance Connection, etc.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and National Electric Codes
- Good written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization, contractors and vendors
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints and tight deadlines
- Possess or immediately purchase the required tools for the position
Single Minute Exchange Of Die (Smed)