The Good Samaritan Society is America's largest faith-based, not-for-profit organization, providing housing and services to seniors. With nearly 100 years of charting new territory, the Society offers an opportunity to weave together imagination with reality and ultimately transform the aging experience in America. Now, partnering with Sanford Health, we are able to provide care through all stages of life. Throughout our organization, we aim to fulfill the most basic of human needs: to feel loved, valued and at peace. Here, you will be part of a family, offering love and compassion to residents as part of a dedicated and diverse care team.
CNA / NAC
2760 - GSS West Union
201 Hall St
West Union, Iowa, 52175-1006
0.00 - 0.00
This position is part-time, evening shift working between the hours of 2:00pm and 10:30pm, Monday through Friday along with rotating (every other weekend) weekends.
Who we are:
Easy Apply Process
Mobile Device Friendly
Your role for the position:
- We have been providing quality care and services to West Union and the surrounding area for over the last 25 years.
- To help meet the growing demand for long-term care, Good Samaritan Society - West Union provides the following services: long-term skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation therapy, senior apartments at Ceder Court, respite care and hospice.
- Good Samaritan Society - West Union received a 4/5-star rating by CMS (The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services).
You're a good fit if:
- Provide resident care, document health needs and changes, assist staff RNs and leadership
- Help with daily care needs of senior residents
- Help residents to meals and faith services, checking blood pressure and other vitals
- Assist with activities of daily living such as dressing and showering
- Be a listening ear for residents.
What's in it for you:
- Completion of an accredited nursing assistant training program approved by the location and the state.
- You bring a smile to work every day
- Are a team player and can set expectations
- Drive accountability
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
- Sign-on opportunities available
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- Advancement Opportunities
- Daily devotions and prayer before meetings (if you choose to participate)
- Years of service recognition program
- Profile by Sanford - Weight Loss Program
- Verizon and AT&T Discounts
- Hotel Discounts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status.
Electronic Medical Record
Basic Life Support