To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pensacola, FL
- Testamerica Laboratories Inc
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lab Technician I- 2nd Shift (Tues- Sat) 3pm-11pm - Pensacola
TestAmerica Laboratories Inc • Pensacola, FL
Posted 1 month ago
The Laboratory Technician I, using general laboratory methods, techniques,equipment, and instrumentation in compliance with TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's, supports laboratory operations through general maintenance of laboratory and supply storage areas, equipment, instruments, and supplies.
1. Retrieves samples from Sample Control for analysis.
2. Performs sample preparation which may include, but is not limited to, a combination of the following methods:
* Aliquot samples
* Spike and trace samples
* Prepare reagents
* Bottle samples
* Prepare concentrations
* Liquid rack set up
3. Resolves discrepancies and anomalies to ensure samples are properly labeled.
4. Prepares general laboratory paperwork such as recording analysis results, tracking samples,
bench sheets, and laboratory logbooks.
5. Washes laboratory glassware to prepare for next day's samples.
- Stocks laboratory supplies.
- Cleans work area(s) to maintain a safe working environment.
- Assists other laboratory areas as needed.
- Team Leader to receive work assignments
- Sample Control to retrieve samples
- Project Managers to get client information
- Other Laboratory Technicians or analysts for information or assistance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent
High school Chemistry coursework, basic laboratory experience
- General knowledge of chemistry and/or general science
- Basic mathematical skills
- Production work
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to muti-task
- Quick learner
- Work independently
- Work within time constraints
Material and Equipment Used
- Laboratory testing instruments
- Standard office equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Lifting and Carrying:
Lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying up to 20 pounds
- Pushing and Pulling:
Pushing and pulling sample carts weighing up to 100 pounds
- Body Positions:
Standing (85% of time), walking (10% of time), and standing (5% of time). These percentages may vary significantly depending upon duties being performed.
- Body Movements:
Stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching when retrieving samples, getting supplies, and performing analyses
- Hand Use:
Getting samples and supplies, performing analyses, computer keyboard
Conversational hearing ability
Getting samples and supplies, performing analyses, viewing computer screen
Conversational speaking ability
Laboratory environment with constant background and overhead noise from fans, hoods, and testing instruments. Varying degree of exposure to fumes, odors, dusts, and gases dependent upon samples being analyzed. Potential exposure to toxic, caustic, or carcinogenic samples exists in laboratory area.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.