As a combined organization, 189045435 and 189045435 is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
The Manager of Compensation and Human Resources Analytics is responsible for collecting, modeling, and analyzing data to inform leadership (including the Board of Directors) of the status of key HR metrics that will enable the company to achieve its’ strategic results. The role will provide compensation strategies in addition to completing job evaluations, market pricing, establishing pay ranges, salary survey responses, and benchmarking jobs to ensure equity and competitive review. Responsible for ensuring that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and federal and state regulations. This position requires a highly adaptable individual who is not intimidated in the face of ambiguity and is equal parts proactive and collaborative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for compiling, interpreting, and analyzing HR metrics
- Identify key people trends and insights using HR analytics and external best practices to develop customized and well-informed tactics for driving desired behaviors and business outcomes
- Use a variety of established quantitative and qualitative methods (including surveys, focus groups, database mining) to gather, analyze, and interpret research data and derive useful information for key business initiatives, working across and synchronizing multiple data sources
- Utilize HR systems to access and compile data
- Efficiently merge large amounts of data to lay the groundwork for analysis
- Design flexible scenarios and models that answer business questions
- Design compensation packages and bonus programs that align with the company’s strategic plan
- Ensure legal compliance and cost-effectiveness of administered compensation programs
Lead compensation committee process and intent, including updating company Compensation Philosophy as needed
- Assess jobs and the respective duties to determine classification as exempt or non-exempt and appropriate salary range
- Prepare and present summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information
- Respond to compensation surveys
- Provide services to the payroll team
- Analyze and draft payroll analysis per the guidance of the Payroll Manager
- Provide oversight to company's merit increase process and approach
- Evaluate positions and determine the proper market value for each job through salary surveys and statistical analysis
- Ensure salaries and benefits comply with the current legislation about human rights and pay equity
- Develop bonus plan structures, working to ensure market criteria and internal equity
- Contribute to Sustainability Plan and Diversity & Inclusion Roundtable metrics and initiatives
- Administer survey platform for HR, including the creation of new surveys, updates to existing surveys, and results reporting
- Collaborate on and contribute to engagement and retention activities with various HR team members
- Participate in HR planning and budgeting
- Contribute to establishment of HR OKRs and diversity targets
- Monitor key recruitment metrics, such as turnover and retention rates
- Advise management on applicable state and federal employment regulations, compensation policies, and collective agreements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in human resources, professional development, analytics, and compensation required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop trusting relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and application. Will routinely use VLookups, pivot tables, and other formula features in Excel.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
Estimated Wage Range: Available upon request
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, parental leave, and more!
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service