ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
• Assist Level II’s with examinations with appropriate NDT techniques (e.g., Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiography Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing and Positive Material Identification (PMI);
• Assist with set-up / tear-down of equipment and maintenance of overall equipment and upkeep at the job site;
• Observe established safety regulations and comply with ALS health and safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be computer literate (i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel);
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment;
• Understanding and proper use of basic hand tools at a construction site;
• Ability to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management and clients.
• Must have dependable transportation;
• Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
• A certificate from 40 hours of Radiation Safety Training with a passing score from a State of Texas approved instructor;
• Able to pass an FBI background check and drug/alcohol test;
• Preferably, already possess a TWIC card and valid passport.
The job is subject to various weather conditions both inside and outside environments in various industries such as power generating stations, petrochemical and oil refineries. There may be some confined spaces work and working at heights. Conditions are often very hot and dirty. Work is often conducted at odd hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Must be in good physical condition to deal with the stress of working under the adverse work conditions described above. Candidate cannot have a fear of heights or tight spaces. Physical and visual activities include standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stepping, crawling, reaching, twisting, bending, handling, and laying on back as needed. Duties often include carrying heavy equipment (>50 lbs) far distances, up, and down multiple flights of stairs. Must be able to support own weight in roped safety harness. Able to work 40-60 hours a week. May be required to drive a company vehicle pulling a trailer to and from job sites.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to NDE Assistant to view company E-Verify Participation Poster