What you will do
The mission of Johnson Controls Navy Systems (JCNS) is to supply Chilled Water Air Conditioning (A/C) Plants, Refrigeration Systems, and associated equipment to the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard. Johnson Controls Navy Systems’ robust, high reliability products are designed, manufactured and tested in York, PA to military and other stringent customer specifications. Under general supervision, the Production Planner is responsible for production planning, scheduling, and production control of a product line.
- Develops and implements capacity requirements planning models and headcount reports for daily management of product line production operations.
- Develops and issues weekly product line master production schedules for subassembly and final assembly operations to achieve schedule and customer order on-time delivery objectives.
- Responsible for integration of product line subassembly requirements within the master production schedule and daily run schedules for each subassembly department.
- Serves as product line facilitator interacting with production supervision to achieve schedule objectives.
- Holds product line production status meetings, as required.
- Develops and issues manufacturing orders in accordance with master production schedules for subassembly and final assembly operations.
- Identifies and resolves issues impacting production planning and schedule attainment objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring ERP system transactions are completed daily on a perpetual basis for production control and inventory control.
- Maintains KPI metrics reports for planned vs. actual schedule attainment, schedule adherence, downtime, on time shipment, and headcount for the product line.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or related discipline preferred
- 3+ years of experience in production planning and scheduling in a manufacturing environment
- APICS Certification is advantageous
- Experience with ERP software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication (written & oral) skills
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
- Business Management
- Capacity Planning
- Enterprise Resource Planning