The Operating Engineer will have a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations) and be multi-skilled in others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments.
Key Elements and Essential Tasks
- Regular and predictable attendance to support the needs of the team and the client
- Frequently work at heights, work in changing environmental temperature extremes, lift move and/or carry heavy objects (up to 50 pounds), perform overhead work often while standing on a ladder and to do all of these duties in a safe manner.
- Perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep facility and building systems up to applicable standards as assigned
- Maintains responsibility for facility services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
- Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels
- Review monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems
- Evaluate vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and competitive pricing
- Verify the accuracy of deliveries for count, pricing, and description
- Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Perform periodic checks of tool and instrument inventory
- Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, with two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC.
- Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s preferred
- Must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers URL blocked - click to apply