Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
By delivering solutions across spectrums of health care Optum is focused on our aspiration of improving experiences and outcomes for everyone we serve while reducing the total cost of care. In support of this, OptumInsight's purpose is to connect the health care system with trusted services, analytics and platforms that make clinical and administrative processes valuable, easy and efficient for everyone.
OptumInsight provides analytics, research, consulting, technology and managed services solutions to hospitals, physicians, health plans, government agencies, life science companies and other industry partners. In addition to our many commercial clients, OptumInsight capabilities and technologies are leveraged by OptumHealth, OptumRx and our sister company UnitedHealthcare.
Within the OptumInsight, there is the Optum Provider Market where we provide revenue cycle management to large hospital systems and physician groups, enabling best in class revenue cycle outcomes. This position is part of that team and will help to develop our Optum Global Operating Model (OGOM), which will enable scalable, and repeatable outcomes, leveraging people, process and technology strategies across all clients. You will serve as an industry expert while implementing best practices across clients & partner locations. You will combine your leadership, experience and understanding of revenue cycle management solutions to bring world class results, drive innovation and build end-to-end partnerships.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Enables scalable and repeatable revenue cycle services across the revenue cycle market in all areas of revenue cycle which includes:
- Patient access (scheduling, preregistration, insurance verification/financial counseling)
- Registration/Admission (ED, inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, diagnostic laboratories)
- Health Information Management (transcription, coding, clinical documentation improvement)
- Patient financial services (charge capture, pre-billing, billing, follow-up, cash posting, account resolution)
- Contact Center
- Learning and Performance Management
- Payer Solutions
- Reporting and Analytics
- Identifies and strategically priorities areas of opportunity across Optum’s Revenue Cycle Market (e.g., Vendor Management, Technology solutions, Global Operations, Sales, Solution Design etc.)
- Drives strategical initiatives through design, pilot, execution and ultimately market roll-out phases
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple large projects, while driving results and enabling OGOM culture changes
- Collaborates with S. leaders across the breadth of Optum’s Provider Market to align priorities, enable input, drive alignment and lead outcomes on key strategic initiatives
- Utilizes data and analytics to identify trends, revenue cycle success and opportunities to celebrate accomplishment and measure to improve.
- Excels at communication across all stakeholders in Optum’s Provider Market
- Understands Optum technology and services and how they will improve client/partner operations
- Leads with emotional intelligence, servant leadership and a growth mindset
- Provides feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of healthcare consulting / management experience or leadership experience in provider organization
- 5+ years of working in hospital revenue cycle department as a director or supervisor (patient access, patient financial services)
- 5+ years of revenue cycle workflow in the hospital and ambulatory environment (registration, scheduling, coding, billing, contracting)
- Revenue cycle consulting experience, such as revenue cycle outsourcing, interim management or performance improvement
- Ability to travel 30%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience and comfort working at all levels of a health care organization.
- Epic Experience
- Ambulatory and Acute Experience
- Revenue Cycle hospital-based provider consulting experience
- Working knowledge of hospital-based IT systems
- In-depth knowledge of the complete healthcare revenue cycle
- Ability to probe, analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
- High degree of self-motivation, versatility and flexibility
- Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.