Under the direct supervision of the Architect I, II, or Senior Architect, the Senior Architectural Designer works with a team of Designers, Architects and Engineers to assist with the design and development of architectural projects in an effort to help meet or exceed the expectation of the customer (client). This individual may supervise a less senior designer however will primarily work on technical aspects of a project.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Corrects and updates design documents. Develops solutions to design problems. Reviews drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards.
* Assists in the development of design documentation for the following design phases; masterplanning, schematic, preliminary, and construction documentation.
* Proactively alerting team members of a project design change which may affect time and costs of the project.
* Keeps Project Team aware of workload and requests additional resources and work assignments ahead of schedule
* Works with equipment suppliers/vendors to obtain the necessary information needed for design completion.
* Interacts with clients on a limited basis to secure scope and design intent.
* Research equipment selection from catalogs under the direction of the Architect.
* Ensure acceptable levels of quality and checks for coordination of work to assure documents reflect design intent and necessary coordination
* Support construction administration activities such as preparing bulletins, construction sketches, submittal review, and RFI responses as well as performing on-site observations and field support when called upon.
* Coordinates architectural design work with related engineering disciplines. Attend job and construction meetings and participate in the coordination of the work
* Capable of recognizing design support abilities of team and empowering those to have opportunities to elevate their design capabilities through my challenging assignments.
* Assists the design team with design solutions by having the ability to interpret drawing mark-up drawings and execute changes on the project based on such mark-ups
* Uses Revit to develop architectural design documentation that aligns with company BIM/CAD standards.
* Reviews drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards.
* Ability to work as a team member and capable of interpreting the Project Architect's design requests.
* Participate in architectural design work coordination with related engineering disciplines.
* Supports and/or leads field visits and site surveys when requested by the Architect
* Capable of creating renderings, generate diagrams and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of 6+ years of previous architectural design office experience.
* Bachelor Degree; Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) degree with NAAB Accreditation is strongly preferred.
* Life Sciences Industry experience preferred however not required
* Must be highly proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit and possess a strong understanding of BIM workflows;
* Ample experience and knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing system design and how these systems integrate into architectural designs.
* Has an adequate understanding of building codes and specification interpretation
* The ability to exhibit and develop strong oral and written communication skills.
* Proven team player with strong time management skills; must be able to juggle more than one project at a time
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
* Travel duration, if any, is based on project complexity and location.
* This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is designated for field work and attends activities at client sites where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing, research or other "non-administrative" areas.
* Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking new opportunities to add value to the organization. Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job performance.
* Must approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious energy and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
* Must be capable and willing for upholding the highest level of professionalism by maintaining the Health, Safety, and Welfare for all their projects and occupants that will inhabit these projects.
* Must show competency in finding meaningful purpose and maintaining the upmost level of pride in their work.
* Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery system.
* Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the welfare of our clients and each other. Must act in an ethical, professional and respectful manner at all times.
* Must be willing and able to maintain composure under pressure in order to meet schedule deadlines and budgets.
* Must be willing to keep an open mind and respect co-workers ideas even if disagreeing
* Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
* Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment.
* Must be willing to come to the office every day to learn something new, and when possible, teach something new to a co-worker.
* Must be punctual and capable of putting in the required time for project and office related events and activities.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,500 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, Germany, United Kingdom and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Autodesk Revit
- Building Codes
- Cad Standards