Teledyne Technologies provides skilled trades services to major corporations in North America. We specialize in research and development, manufacturing operations, plant shut downs and building maintenance operations. Our skilled trades include Tool and Die, Instrumentation, Multi-Craft, Machinists, Pipe-fitters, Carpenters, Electricians, Work Coordinators, EH&S, Welders and Insulators.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Plumber- Pipe Fitter installs, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies piping and tubing systems used in laboratories. Conducts preventative maintenance to keep running smoothly.
- Perform cost estimates and inspect piping systems.
- Advise project staff on code requirements and applications and interpretation of plans and specifications.
- Evaluate new methods and material for acceptability and adaptability to existing systems.
- Evaluate plans and specifications for compliance with plumbing codes.
- Install lines,drains, pipe and related systems; repairs leaks, broken pipes, water heaters, boilers, and pumps.
- Plumb industrial type plumbing installations.
- Cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools.
- Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine, or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
- Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine.
- Assemble and install valves, pipe-fittings, and pipes composed of metals.
- Join pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints, fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Licensed as a journeyman or Master plumber
- Applicants must have a current driver license.
- 5 years plumbing experience in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related equipment.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to analyze and interpret general guidelines, blueprints, sketches and customer specifications.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from customers, co-workers and managers.
We offer the following benefits
Health, Dental, Vision,Paid Vacation Time,Paid Sick Time,Life Insurance Benefits, Paid Holidays,401(k) ,Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email Email blocked - click to apply
or call Phone number blocked - click to apply
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.