You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Local CDL A or CDL B Driver
We are committed to the personal and professional growth of our team members and we show this by having a clear path of advancement for our Drivers with on-the-job and web-based training for you to move up as a Driver or other positions within the branch. You are also rewarded for your safety.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duty of the Driver, which we call a Logistics Specialist II with or without Crane Operator, is to deliver building materials to a customer’s place of business or to a job site. Drivers operate within a maximum of a 200-mile radius of their home branch, with deliveries originating and ending at the branch (no deliveries result in an overnight stay).
- BE SAFE!
- Safely drive a commercial vehicle in compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Be a leader for job site safety by operating all equipment in accordance with local, state, and federal laws at all times.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections
- Validate and confirm inventory loaded on the truck comparing purchase orders, sign-off on delivery tickets and confirm addresses on delivery tickets and ensure that routing information is obtained prior to leaving the branch.
- Conduct a job site inspection and document any existing damage to lawn, landscaping or driveway, and the location of any power lines, sprinklers, septic tanks, mailboxes, fences, etc.
- Capture pictures of all building products delivered in accordance with Company Policy.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Ability to load and unload building products that weigh up to 100 lbs. each off of a straight bed truck on a continuous basis. Prior experience operating a forklift or Moffett a plus.
- Must be a safe driver with no hit & runs or no DWI or DUI convictions within the last three years. One or more accidents and/or severe violations in the last year will be reviewed by HR and Management.
- Prior commercial driving experience and knowledge of DOT & OSHA safety regulations for Logistic Specialists a plus.
- Prior work experience within distribution a plus.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age. If crossing state lines or transporting hazardous materials, then the minimum age is 21. These two issues apply to very few of our positions.
- Must pass a required drug test and possess a current DOT medical certificate. Must not have positive drug tests in the last 12 months.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S and pass an E-Verify Check.
All CDL Drivers in the US must register with FMCSA as of January 6, 2020. If offered a job, our background check company will check that you registered before continuing with your background and drug screen. Link to register: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Local CDL A or CDL B Driver
Instructions from the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA): [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Local CDL A or CDL B Driver
Keywords: CDL A, CDL B, driver, commercial driver’s license, building products, job site, building materials, distributor, distribution, touch freight, load, unload, commercial vehicle and delivery.
Atlantic Roofing Distributors - North Charleston3287 Pacific Street North Charleston, SC 29418
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran Friendly Employer. SRS Distribution believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.
- Competitive salaries for all team members paid weekly
- Private Stock Ownership
- Equity Growth Incentive Plan (after 6 months of employment)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays, Birthday, and Floating Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Flexible and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Additional Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability also offered
- Safety Program with Bonuses for our Drivers
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Forklift Truck
- Logistics Operations
- Occupational Safety And Health
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 35239674382
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.