To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Mobile Mechanic - Dallas
MARTIN MARIETTA • Dallas, TX
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded._____________________________________
Under the immediate direction of the Fleet Manager, the Mobile Mechanic is responsible for performing top level repairs on mobile equipment, including ready mix trucks, front end loaders, tractors, bulk trailers, and aggregate trailers.
- Observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunctions.
- Reads manuals, uses hand tools, power tools to perform repairs and maintenance to electrical systems, power transmissions, brakes, drivelines and other automotive systems to perform repair work
- Replaces rollers and other wear items as required
- Performs welding, repair and fabrication
- Assists drivers in removing tires for repair
- Assists Master Maintenance Mechanic as needed
- Performs data entry on all services performed
- Operates mobile equipment as needed
- Delivers technical advice to Ready Mix Truck Drivers and other mobile equipment operators.
- Maintains parts inventory and orders supplies as needed
- Demonstrates good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedure required during certain procedures
- May make service calls at other plants or emergency roadside repairs as needed
- Communicates/directs co-workers through hand signals and two-way radio
- Assists with training co-workers as needed
- Performs general clean-up of work areas
- Follows safety policies and procedures as written
- Performs other duties as required
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent GED required
- Minimum 2 years Mobile Equipment Maintenance Experience, Ready Mix Maintenance experience preferred
- Trade School or related mechanical / technical certification preferred
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) and safe driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance of diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical, power transmissions, brakes, drivelines and other automotive systems to perform repair work
- Basic welding skills
- Ability to read and write in English
- 40 hours per week and overtime on an as needed basis
- Work requires the ability to lift a maximum 100 lbs
- Work requires the ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, operate mobile equipment, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects
- Work requires the ability to operate hand controls with both hands and foot pedals with both feet
- Work requires the ability to perform sustained overhead reaching
- Work requires the ability to use vibration tools
- Work requires the ability to perform work white lying on back tar for prolonged periods of time and in some cases cramped quarters
- Work requires the ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
- Work is performed 50% outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather and 50% indoors
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.