The candidate must have solid design, code and testing in a real time embedded environment.
Real Time Operating Systems(RTOS) components ranging from board support packages and device drivers (Serial, Ethernet, Flash), architecture support packages (PowerPC, Software Development Engineer (Palm Harbor, FL).
MIPS, ARM, x86), networking stacks, file systems, language libraries (C, C++, Ada), and the core kernel itself.
Assessing and ensuring the high safety standards for our products.
Creating validation tests for requirements functionality, robustness, boundary values, and equivalence classes Analyzing, improving, and reporting on system code coverage.
Participating in requirement, design, and code reviews for changes to safety-critical products.
Attaining proficiency with operating system internals:
Kernel/Virtual Address Spaces.
Memory management Task management / Scheduling.
Connections / Semaphores.
Clocks / Timers.
Analyzing multi-core processor issues.
Shared resource contention.
Timing and throughput.
Requirements and Qualifications
- U.S. Citizen (U.S. government contract requirements).
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree (Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Math) or have 5+ years of experience in the embedded software industry.
- Strong programming skills in C / C++ An understanding of the concepts of a real-time operating system.
- Ability to learn and understand how complex software systems work.
- Great communication (both written and verbal) and organization skills.
***Due to the nature of this project all candidates must be US Citizens***