Assistant Power & Recovery Superintendent
1611 County Road 85
Stevenson, Alabama, 35772
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 350 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Assistant Power & Recovery Superintendent.
This position reports directly to the mill’s Power & Recovery Superintendent and will provide safety, operational and employee leadership for the Power & Recovery areas.
The Stevenson Mill is a complex, fully integrated pulp and paper manufacturing facility with two machines that manufactures medium paper, and is one of North America’s largest semi-chemical pulp and paper mills. Stevenson, Alabama is centrally located between Chattanooga, Tennessee and Huntsville, Alabama.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
- Provide strategic leadership to achieve key operation objectives in safety, environmental compliance, reliability, production and cost
- Drive a safety-focused culture, regularly engage in and encourage safety participation among crews including facilitating safety meetings.
- Lead team of supervisors and highly skilled technicians in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and accountability in:
o Safety & Housekeeping
o Prioritizing and processing work
o Supporting routine and annual outages
o Planning, assigning, and providing follow-up of work
- Understand and communicate goals in quality and production
- Assist driving environmental compliance for department.
- Assist with departments adherence to corporate policies.
- Assist with setting expectations for all direct and indirect reports, meeting and surpassing established mill and departmental goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- A minimum of five (5) plus years’ progressive and practical boiler and associated auxiliaries operations experience.
- A basic understanding of maintenance planning and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper Science or related degree
- Knowledge of and experience wood fuel & recovery boiler operations
- Knowledge of and experience in wet/dry and electrostatic precipitators
- Knowledge of and experience with black liquor evaporators
- Supervisory experience in a Unionized environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Keywords: power & recovery, power plant superintendent, assistant power plant superintendent, power & recovery superintendent, recovery superintendent, utilities superintendent, pulp & power, power & recovery supt, assistant superintendent, superintendent, asst superintendent, asst power & recovery superintendent, department superintendent, power & recovery supervisor, power & recovery, pulp, power, paper mill, linerboard, containerboard, specialty paper, medium, liner, power generation, energy savings, recover boiler, optimization, PI, optimizing equipment
- Pulp (Tooth)
- Environmental Compliance