Job DetailsJob Location
START - Phase I - San Antonio, TXPosition Type
Full TimeJob Shift
The Phase I Treatment Room RN will be responsible for the provision of skilled nursing care and assessment. As well as coordinating care with physicians, other providers, and ancillary staff. This opportunity is located in the Medical Center.Treatment Room RN responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the safe administration of chemotherapy other medications in compliance with physicians orders.
- Conduct nursing assessments that evaluate the physical and emotional status of patients and coordinates appropriate care and follow-up.
- Ensure patient and family understands the management of the disease process and the actions and side effects of chemotherapy medications and investigational therapies received.
- Supervise and mentor nursing clinical support staff.
- Ensure the proper documentation of care is entered into the EMR system to assure accurate services and billing.
- Cross-training to assist with patient triage, physician clinic processes and support to Research Coordinators/Nurses to ensure continuity of care on clinical trials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of oncology/biotherapy or acute care experience
- Chemotherapy certification and OCN preferred, not required
- Current RN license issued by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Clinical Trials
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care