The Plant / HR coordinator, reporting to the Regional HR Manager and dotted line responsibilities to the Plant Manager, promotes plant personnel engagement and morale and serves as a company liaison between the plant and community. Responsibility for a variety of HR function including but not limited to recruiting, onboarding, training, and payroll as well as key plant administrative tasks fall under this position. This is an office based position, however, the incumbent may need to travel through the industrial manufacturing areas to reach employees.
Activities may include:
Administrative – 50%
- Responsible for planning, budgeting and coordinating all plant employee activities.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, coordinating and participating in community events.
- Occasionally assist with travel arrangements for plant management, visitors and candidates.
- Responsible for coordinating lunches for plant meetings both on site and off site.
- Manage the plant janitorial, vending and off-site record storage services.
- Responsible for collecting & distributing monthly data to include hour’s worked, sick time, recognition, anniversaries, etc.
- Serve as the social media (sending pictures/articles of the plant’s activities) contact for the plant, to be posted on ANNA and Facebook. Manage the plant’s communication (monitors & bulletin boards) system, oversee the plant’s service award program and manage plant’s STRIVE program
- Receive and enter invoices for payment in SAP (PRD) for annual sponsorships, dues, special purchase request, etc.
- Prepares and releases blanket and individual requisitions through SAP for the site.
- Manages small capital projects for office and site upgrades.
- Serve as the plant’s wellness champion and manage the sites service team committee.
- Manages business equipment and supplies.
- Ensure all plant employees have proper badge to enter plant by taking pictures, printing and distributing badges as needed
- Prepare plant outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail to plan personnel.
- Serves as the site's document control coordinator through eDMS.
Human Resources – 50%
- Responsible for processing plant payroll including maintaining updates in the Kronos time system.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate PTO accrual records and reporting regularly to plant personnel.
- Responsible for employee orientation and onboarding (i.e. individual training plan creation, orientation scheduling, perform HR and General orientation, background checks, I-9 completion, E-Verify completion, account and equipment requests, etc).
- Provide administrative support to HR. Plant communications, paperwork other activities as needed.
- Maintains all employee files and is responsible for the upkeep of the file room.
- Local face of HR in the absence of the Regional HR Manager.
- Process education requests
- Manages the hiring process, creates requisitions in the ATS, phone screens candidates and coordinates interviews.
- Handles employee referral program ensuring payments are made in a timely manner.
- Administers local STD/FMLA claims
- Assists with a number of corporate HR programs (open enrollment, engagement surveys, performance reviews, etc.)
- Responsible for converting, assigning and maintaining site training through My Career to ensure regulatory and non-regulatory training needs are kept up to date.
- Work with appropriate subject matter experts at the plant in converting and updating mandatory training.
- Proactively assess, monitor and report employee questions and concerns to the HR Manager
- May be required to perform other duties/projects as specified by supervisor, and parameters are indicative to average requirements that are not inclusive based on change in operational, safety, and environmental factors
The successful candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience required. Preference given to those with experience in HR/Payroll.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Success Factors or another LMS desired. SAP experience desired. Ability to quickly learn new computer programs used by the company
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Accepting responsibility for direction, control, or planning of an activity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Utilizes time management and organizational skills.
- Works with others as a team member.
- Works around others, but independent.
- Ability to uphold a high standard of confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to work with others internally and externally with professionalism.
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €9.5 billion ($10.6 billion) in 2021, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.
The diversity of its employees is an asset that the Arkema group wants to preserve. Its non-discrimination policy applies to recruitment, salary levels and career management. The Arkema group is committed to ensuring diversity among its employees.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Payroll, Plant Manager, Materials Science, Document Control, Law, Finance, Manufacturing, Science, Administrative, Legal
- Claim Processing