Additional Locations: Not applicable
Primary Locations: IL, Naperville, 31W236 91st Street, 60564
Requisition ID: 171423
Trim and remove trees, remove unwanted, diseased or dying limbs on trees, or to affect the health and safety of trees or surrounding areas by performing the following duties.
What You'll Do:
* Learn to climb trees! (Yes, we will pay you to do that.)
* Operate as a member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
* Learn to perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients. Including but not limited to:
* Tree identification and industry pruning guidelines
* Prune, thin, and remove deadwood throughout the tree canopy
* Learn how to install cables, bracing, and lightning protection systems
* Assist in removal of hazardous trees
* Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts, and more.
* How high you grow depends on you!
What We're Looking For:
* Love of the outdoors
* Preferred: Background in Forestry, Horticulture, Landscaping, or working at heights
* Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
* Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
* Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
What We Offer: *
* Paid time off and paid holidays
* Opportunities for advancement
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
* Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
* Group Health Plan
* Employee referral bonus program
* Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
* Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
* Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
* Charitable matching gift program
* all listed benefits available to eligible employees
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Climbing Arborist Trainee to our passionate team of tree care professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at
or at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Internship (Summer 2023) Climbing Arborist Trainee | Naperville, IL
Employment Type: Intern
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition, harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly prohibited.
To preview Davey's relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law - English | Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement - English | Spanish
Right to Work - English | Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Nearest Major Market: Naperville
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Horticulture, Hospitality, Agriculture
- First Aid And Preparedness
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Aerial Work Platforms