Jacobs Nuclear Projects and Consulting is a Tier 1 service provider to the U.S. Department of Energy and Atomic Energy of Canada Limited, we deliver safe and innovative solutions at complex nuclear cleanup and production sites. Our services include program management, decommissioning, environmental remediation, waste and nuclear material management, nuclear operations, consulting, and engineering and construction. We are currently executing many contracts, performing work that is essential to our clients' missions across a broad range of functional areas. We are looking for Document Controls Specialist for our Naval Reactors Facility project office 55 miles from Idaho Falls. Your role will be to provide support and oversight in the definition and implementation of Document Management and related systems for the Jacobs Critical Mission Solutions Nuclear Projects and Consulting Line of Business programs and projects. Additionally, you may be responsible for large program implementation, as well as developing processes and procedures according to the dynamic needs of our clients and services. Experience should include knowledge of common policy and general engineering industry trends from project inception to project closeout, including records archiving, retention and destruction practices. Strong knowledge of industrial documentation practices and requirements desired. Must be a self-motivated, effective communicator, with a strong background in records and information management for Engineering, Program Management and Construction Management services. This would include a minimum of 10 years directly responsible for document controls and records management
- Utilize Document Management tools
- Perform Document Control Plans, that becomes part of Program Execution Plan.
- Support Program-specific tasks and implement document control concepts as defined in the Program Execution Plan.
- Identify Program requirements, establish standard process/policy locally, and perform quality reviews of overall communication and documentation processes on systems platform.
- Provide direct contribution to the daily management of documents and records
- Process and distribute communications and information flow such as submittals, requests for information (RFIs), field orders, clarifications, pay requests, change orders, etc..
- Maintain Program files in hard-copy and electronic retention systems, as required.
- Assist Program team with the timely retrieval of documents and assembly requirements of internal and external audits.
- Ensure quality/compliance of Program document management plans and process, as well as alignment with Program and Corporate requirements and other duties as assigned.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs. We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
- BA or BS desirable; High School diploma or equivalent is required as a minimum
- Experience with Document Management solutions using Prolog, Aconex, SharePoint and ProjectWise or similar systems
- Experience in management of planning, process and systems
- Understanding of different personality types and communication styles for effective presentation, communication and conflict resolution
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with project/program document and records management solutions.
- Capable of extreme attention to detail
- Prolog Document Management
- Someone already residing a commutable distance from the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab area to make the commute daily is preferred.
- NQA-1 / Nuclear project experience preferred
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there mayl be occasional travel, could work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights. At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
The work location for this position is approximately 55 miles from Idaho Falls
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Attention To Detail
- Conflict Resolution
- Construction Management