Project Manager (Power Generation):
W.W. Williams, a full service distributor of power generation and engine systems has an opening on our Engineering & Sales Support team for a PROJECT MANAGER.
The primary responsibility of a Power Generation Project Manager is to ensure products meet quality and efficiency standards set by MTU, W.W. Williams and the end client.
This position has the authority to accept or reject products as necessary. They keep a record of problems they find and may be required to facilitate repairs or modifications to the product. These issues may be required to be documented in various client platforms and management of the platforms will be a responsibility of the Power Generation Project Manager.
- Oversees the preparation of project proposals/quotes for accurate specifications, time frames, pricing, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Learn and understand client provided platform when necessary.
- Participate in site specific safety orientations and obey all client site rules and regulations.
- PM's will attend site and project coordination meetings when requested.
- Work directly with manufacturer distributor technicians and/or third-party suppliers on site.
- Document each issue in client provided platform.
- Respond to any open issues in client platform within 24 hours of creation.
- Communicate directly with manufacturer and/or customer on each issue to ensure complete understanding and chain of events.
- Ensure resolution meets manufacturer quality acceptance as well as client acceptance.
- Close all open issues once resolution has been accepted.
- Work directly with manufacturer to ensure permanent corrective actions are in place.
- Schedule coordination for incoming deliveries
- Attend factory witness testing at client specified locations
- Uses vendor selection and relationships to maintain highest possible margin.
- Coordinate daily technician activities during commissioning
- Assists in developing proper start-up procedures and assuring they are followed on the job. Review all necessary start-up and warranty paperwork on existing jobs.
- Monitors project progress throughout each phase, comparing activity to time schedule and budget, advising management and sales personnel of any issues or concerns. Provides management with regular status reports of all active projects.
- Confers with project personnel internal and external - to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Works with Sales Team to generate new business opportunities by identifying new opportunities in the field, participating in trade shows and trade associations, and providing technical support when necessary.
- Business Development
- Financial Management
- Problem Solving
- Project Planning