To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- East Hartford, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Engineer - Gas Engineering
AVANGRID, Inc • East Hartford, CT
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Develop and lead a group of Engineering Technicians in the design of assigned new business, replacement programs and facility relocations to accommodate municipal initiatives. Manage project and program schedules and specifications within budget. Integrate best practices across the companies in accordance with Avangrid standard practices. Ensure project resources have the correct toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff is trained and equipped to successfully deliver their work.
Skills and Abilities
- Oversee and lead employees responsible for performing distribution system designs to ensure adherence to required quality objectives
- Ability to follow up and follow through with action items and dependencies
- Must be able to support and drive implementation of the agreed upon strategies and schedules
- Interface and support Operations, Gas Supply, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing and Economic Development to achieve relevant Company goals
- Represent the company in public outreach efforts, including public meetings as required
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively at all levels
- Awareness and understanding of key business drivers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to articulate highly technical concepts
- Energizing leader that possesses strong interpersonal communication and facilitation skills, detail-oriented, thorough and results-focused.
- Possess the ability to work across organizational lines within the company and influence key internal executives and line managers.
- Flexible and willing to step up to take on tasks beyond a job description as required
- Develop appropriate metrics and reports
- Drive a practice of continuous improvement - using data to drive constant improvement efficiency
- Ability to manage competing priorities using sound engineering and financial judgment to determine optimal solutions
- Perform standard and complex engineering analyses, designs and calculations using standard methodology and principles and other viable approaches. Develop alternate methods or design concepts to resolve problems or to improve processes/services
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required,
- Minimum 7 years relevant utility distribution design experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gas distribution design
- Demonstrated understanding of utility operations and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of strategic objectives.
- Proven track record of achieving results in high pressure and high profile assignments.
- General contract, commercial and regulatory awareness with the ability to balance effective and efficient customer service and project delivery, ensuring maximum return on investment.
- Track record of effective stakeholder and customer service engagement and management.
- Knowledge of Engineering, Construction and Maintenance standards in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Rate Case support
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org