Kelly IT has an opening for a Perm Software Security Engineer to work with our client in Portland, OR.
We are looking for a skilled Software Security Engineer to analyze software designs and implementations from a security perspective, and to identify and resolve security issues. You will include the appropriate security analysis, defenses and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle, to result in robust, reliable and secure software.
In general, you will: perform application security assessments, including architecture review, threat modeling, code review and penetration testing, and assist and enable our software engineering teams to adopt and apply secure software development practices.
- Implement, test, and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture
- Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
- Provide software development support in addressing identified security issues
- Provide engineering designs for new and existing software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Contribute to all levels of the architecture with respect to software security
- Maintain and review technical documentation relating to software security
- Consult team members on secure coding practices
- Develop a familiarity with emerging software security tools and best practices
- Perform application security assessments including architecture review, threat modeling, code review and penetration testing
- Perform Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST).
- Develop and direct Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) compliance verification procedures
- Develop and automate security tools.
- Maintain familiarity with industry standard software security certifications
- Work with engineering and product teams to drive security issues to resolution
- US Citizenship Required
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience in a professional environment.
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience as a software security engineer
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent related industry experience
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Software development experience in C# and .Net
- Adequate knowledge of network/web related protocols
- Experience with security tools and technologies used throughout Secure Software Development Life Cycles
- Experience in providing Security Code reviews in languages such as C# and F#
- Experience in penetration testing and fuzz testing technologies and techniques
- Familiarity with addressing and remediating OWASP Top 10 security issues.
If you are interested, please email your resume to URL blocked - click to apply
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply