To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minnetonka, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP of Finance
ExecuNet • Minnetonka, MN
Posted 2 months ago
Company is seeking an operationally oriented VP Of Finance to report to our Chief Executive Officer. Primary responsibility is for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company, and oversees the Human Resources function. Direct responsibility for accounting, finance, budgeting, project costing, financial analysis, and strategic planning, Provides strategic leadership for the company by working with the Executive Management Team and Board of Directors to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of subordinates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures. Is also responsible for interviewing, hiring and training, planning and assigning work direction, appraisal performance, and addressing and resolving any employee issues.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing, and maintaining comprehensive accounting, costing, pricing, budgeting, and planning systems.
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs.
- Evaluate and advise on the financial implications of current business activities, as well as the introduction of new programs and long term strategies.
- Primary responsibility for company’s banking, insurance, income tax preparation, and financial auditor relationships.
- Design, implement, and maintain system for creation processing of sales documentation, i.e., master services agreements, and statements of work.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the Board and CEO in performing their responsibilities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and other applicable regulations for financial and tax reporting.
- Provide strategic financial input and evaluation of potential alliance, acquisition, or merger activities.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and monitoring mechanism to provide sufficient funds for operating needs.
- Maintain shareholder, stock option, and other stakeholder records.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA or equivalent.
- 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. An experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the software field.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Analytical— the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents and diverse information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings. This is key for communication with the Board and outside investors.
- Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, and sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
- Management skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.