IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We are excited to announce that at this time, in partnership with Surmodics, we are looking for Clinical Specialist- Vascular Device to serve as dedicated employees supporting the Surmodics mission* (see below). These IQVIA employees will be hired exclusively to represent the Surmodics business and will have the potential to be converted to full-time employees of Surmodics following the successful onboarding and start-up process.
The Clinical Specialist – Vascular Device is primarily responsible for taking new product concepts and existing medical devices into customer sites to obtain product feedback and clinical experience which includes identifying customer needs, capturing product-related feedback and evaluating competitive differentiation. An important role will be to objectively translate this feedback to product development and business teams to inform product design decisions and improvements. The Clinical Specialist is also responsible for training, education and establishing practice standards that incorporate Company products into the customer’s clinical environment
- Maintain and update current and prospective target profiles
- Keep current with market knowledge and competitive products
- Maintain a professional image for Client and Client Products
- Participate in all required training as well as clinical meetings
- Support company objectives and customer training and education needs
- Make product presentations (one-on-one or group in-services), provide clinical expertise as it relates to product usage in indicated clinical procedures
- Maintain sample inventories, distribute samples, comply with sample accountability procedures and policies, comply with the Prescription Drug Marketing Act of 1987 (“PDMA”) and AdvaMed Guidelines
- Make complete, accurate and timely submission of all time-keeping, customer notes, visit details, call activity, expense reports, and sample activity when applicable
- Compliance with Promotional Program, and proper use of Promotional Materials and Promotional Expense Budgets
- Participate or coordinate lunch & learns, educational events, training symposia, regional conferences as appropriate
- Train, educate and support the clinical use of company products
- Establish standards of practice involving company products within clinical and customer sites
- Clinical liaison between product/business teams and end-user customers
- Polished presence and ability to interact and relate well to physician and nursing community
- Confidence in demonstrating medical devices and discussing procedure-related topics
- Ability to give confident presentations and workshops to groups of medical professionals
- Follow spirit and intent of industry and company compliance policies and procedures
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required, ideally in field of medical technology, biology, chemistry or other life sciences
- Education and/or clinical experience equivalent to a Nurse or Certified Technician
- Minimum 5 years of hands on medical/clinical experience required
- Previous experience in radial access and/or thrombectomy procedures preferred
- Experience working with CRM software preferred
- Comfortable in Cath-lab setting in hospital, ASC and OBL setting
- Clinical background preferred
- Located in heavily concentrated procedure market (TBD)
- Travel throughout U.S. and region
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Masters new technology quickly; strong attention to detail and technical success factors
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective and lasting relationships with customers
- Polished public speaking and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be organized and responsive to company and customer needs
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to take initiative and adapt to fast-changing environment
- Maintain understanding and full compliance to company compliance programs and policies. Operate within industry guidelines related to AdvaMed, Sunshine Act, and other regulations that provide a framework for appropriate interaction with healthcare professionals.
- Dedicated to teamwork – integrates with product development, marketing and sales team.
- Willingness to travel (75%) with 2-3 overnight stays a week
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in field of medical technology, biology, chemistry or other life sciences.
Surmodics is the global leader in surface modification technologies for vascular medical devices and a leading provider of chemical components for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests and microarrays. It is a unique company with combined capabilities in device-drug delivery, lubricity and hemocompatibility technologies, as well as medical device design, development and manufacturing that enable it to significantly increase the value offered to medical device customers. Surmodics is focused on developing highly differentiated, total vascular device solutions to the most demanding clinical challenges. The vision is to provide 3 of the top 10 innovations to treat peripheral artery disease within the next 5 years.
The company’s R&D pipeline has an extensive history of innovation and is rich with novel development programs within the field of vascular medicine. Current areas of focus include drug-coated balloon platforms, radial access platform products and thrombectomy for arterial thrombosis, DVT and Stroke.
Surmodics is hiring a new team of Clinical Specialists to facilitate the process of gathering clinical insights and customer feedback to assist marketing and R&D in development of product development projects. In addition, Clinical Specialists will be responsible for obtaining early clinical experience with cleared new products in order to assess product performance, market potential and customer adoption.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at URL blocked - click to apply to arrange for such an accommodation.Job ID:
Attention To Detail