To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Angelo, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Wesley Nurse- RN- Brady, TX
Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. • San Angelo, TX
Posted 3 days ago
The mission of Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. (MHM) is “Serving Humanity to Honor God” by improving the physical, mental and spiritual health of those least served in the Rio Texas Conference area of The United Methodist Church.
RN for premier nursing program-position located
Brady First United Methodist Church, 401 S. Blackburn Street
The Wesley Nurse will focus on the intentional care of the spirit as well as the promotion of holistic health and prevention or minimization of illness within our communities.
The Wesley Nurse will participate in the life and activities of the community. It is expected that the nurse’s activities will be influenced and defined by the unique needs of the community and participating church. The WN will seek out underserved populations for proactive care. These activities include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Integrator of Faith and Health:Teaches and models the integration of faith and health with a holistic approach that recognizes the inter-relationship of mind, body, and spirit.
- Assess spiritual, mental, and physical health of clients through WN standardized assessments as well as tracking measurable outcomes.
- Offer community outreach programs that address spiritual health
- Be available to perform the FCN interventions of prayer and/or presence with clients.
- Personal Health Counselor:Discusses individual health needs regarding illness, medication, prevention and wellness, and provides support during times of concern and crisis.Motivate clients in managing their own health to improve health outcomes.
- Provides clinical case management services for complex clients.
- Give care that clients understand and that fits with their cultural background.
- Developed client focused goal setting action plans and teach problem solving skills for behavior modification.
- Health Educator:Plan learning experiences based on sound theories that provide individuals, groups, and communities the opportunity to acquire information and skills needed to make quality health decisions.
- Develop evidence-based health presentations to present to community.
- Provide individual evidence-based education to meet client needs
- Collaborate with partners to best use the expertise and talent of community members.
- Referral/ Resource Agent:Serves as a community resource. Collaborates with community services and agencies in order to make appropriate referrals.
- Encourage client to participate in effective community programs.
- Form partnerships with community organizations and agencies to identify gaps in the current healthcare delivery system and to develop and support interventions that fill these gaps in needed services.
- Advocate for and support policies that improve client care.
- Functions to the full extent of the RN license under the supervision of a medical director and in
- compliance with the Faith Community Nursing Scopes and Standards of Practice (Second Edition) that guide the provision of faith community nursing services for the professional registered nurse and the Wesley Program.
- Utilizes nursing interventions based on utilization of the nursing process and skills of education, counseling, advocacy, referral, and collaboration to facilitate health and wellness of individuals and groups in congregation/community settings.
- Participates with a health ministry team, which serves as a resource in defining and evaluating the unique needs of the church and community.
- Maintains appropriate records and statistical data necessary to document the functions and activities of the Wesley Nurse in accordance of MHM standards and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To Methodist Healthcare Ministries:
The Wesley Nurse is expected to participate in the operation and activities of the Wesley Nurse Program appropriate to this position and as a representative of MHM. Such activities may include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Participates fully in the peer group process designed to foster personal and spiritual development.
- Attends the educational sessions which are provided in response to identified learning needs.
- Gives and receives professional support to and from the peer group and MHM multidisciplinary staff.
- Maintains appropriate statistical data and reports to enable the management associated with the Wesley Nurse Health Ministries™ to provide ongoing training and supervision to the Wesley Nurse.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- Participates in new program initiatives that support current nursing research and evidence based practice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Registered Nurse, graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing preferred. Five years clinical and/or community health nursing experience preferred. An accredited Faith Community Nurse course must be completed with the first two years of employment and ANA Faith Community Nurse certification completed within five years of employment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Fluent in English. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current state of Texas nursing license. BCLS and CPR.
Demonstrates working knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, Power Point, Word and Excel applications.
Ability to drive and have access to a vehicle; maintain current driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
The position is site specific to the assigned church. The position will be deemed closed when the partner church site is no longer considered a Wesley Nurse site according to the terms and agreements outlined in the memorandum of agreement between the specific church site and MHM.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a medical office environment having direct contact with patients and clients. Position necessitates bending, stooping, twisting, turning, walking, climbing step stools, sitting and standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and maneuver 30 pounds.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) and subcontractor(s) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
MHM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MHM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MHM's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
MHM makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodation would impose an undue business hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to participate in the application process. We can be reached at 210-692-9423 or email Diane Rodriguez at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax at 1888-653-3968.
Alternative application methods are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system. For assistance, please contact our Corporate Recruiter Diane Rodriguez at 210-692-9423 or email her at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].