To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Taylorville, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAM COUNSELOR
GEO Care • Taylorville, IL
Posted 2 days ago
Facility: TAYLORVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Base: $13.00 - $15.00 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position has the primary responsibility of providing therapeutic program services to inmates. It is assigned a specific caseload of inmates and monitors the service delivery for them while they are enrolled in the program. These services may include didactic, psycho- educational, individual and group counseling, peer awareness activities, therapeutic encounters, crisis intervention and recordkeeping. The Counselor/Case Manager provides these services within the scope of local certification, licensure and credentialing authorities and in accordance with internal and external assurances and prohibitions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with standard internal and external and other accrediting agency contract policies and procedures.
- Facilitates daily clinical program activities in accordance with the established clinical schedule. Activities may include daily process groups and therapeutic community (TC) meetings, weekly program curriculum lectures, Life Skills seminars, caseload groups and specialized groups focusing on the areas of Anger Management, Relapse Prevention, Job Readiness preparation and Parenting Skills.
- Conducts initial intake session with new inmates assigned to the program and orientate them about program requirements, reviews the inmate’s criminal file and establishes a preliminary treatment plan.
- Conducts bi-weekly individual counseling sessions with assigned caseload. These sessions may include the following tasks: completion of a monthly progress report, monthly treatment planning, goal-setting, crisis intervention, behavioral adjustment sessions, psychological referrals, and discharge planning in order to provide recommendations and referral sites for continued treatment upon their release
- Maintains clinical charts (electronic and hard copy versions) for assigned inmate caseload and ensures all documentation is completed in accordance with established deadlines and program policies.
- Monitors and addresses behavioral issues displayed by the inmate population and conducts daily visual room inspections.
- Participates in compilation of data and program reporting functions.
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and workshops, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and drug and alcohol treatment credentials from the state in which the position functions; or willing to become certified within 18 months.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences preferred.
- Experience working with a corrections population is desired along with substance abuse treatment experience.
- Organized, and demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer