Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
Information Assurance Manager
Stuttgart, DE (Kelley Barracks)
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast-paced team.
As the Information Security Manager your role is manage the Information Security Management function for the US BICES AFRICOM program. The Information Security Manager will provide line management, leadership and strategic direction for the function and liaising closely with other managers. In addition this role identifies potential security risks, recommends mitigation measures and implements remediation measures.
Strategy & Planning
- Determines enterprise information security standards.
- Develops and implements information security standards.
- Provides tactical information security advice and examining the ramifications of new technologies.
- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the security of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Ability to provide an independent assessment and ensure security controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and are producing the desired outcome.
- This position requires interaction with customers within the AFRICOM community
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Completes weekly and monthly reporting requirements.
- Serves as a focal point of contact for the information security team and the customer/organization.
- Manage and configures physical security, disaster recovery, and data backup systems.
- Manages security audits and vulnerability and threat assessments, and directing responses to network or systems intrusions
- Ensures that all information security systems are functional and secure.
- Provides training to information security personnel.
- Assesses current technology architecture for vulnerabilities, weaknesses and for possible upgrades or improvement.
- Communicate information security goals and new programs effectively with other managers.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to AFRICOM AOR.
- Participates in change management process, assessing security impact of proposed changes.
- Designs and recommends security policies and procedures.
- Manages information systems authorizations using eMASS.
- 5+ years of experience.
- IAM Level III Certification (CISSP, CISM, GSLC, or CCIS)
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
- Must achieve and maintain the Technical Expert Status Accreditation (TESA) as defined in the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) between the United States and the Federal Republic of Germany. In order to qualify for TESA, the candidate must have one of the following: Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of specialized experience, OR; an Associate's degree plus 7 years of specialized experience, OR; A major certification plus 7 years of specialized experience, OR; 11 years of specialized experience.
- BA/BS or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Must meet DOD 8750 requirements and be eligible for IAM level III access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire. Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and multi-task while still ensuring high quality of work
- Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize work and work autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail and presentation
- Results driven, highly efficient, energetic and highly motivated
- Must possess a high degree of intelligence, competence, maturity, adaptability, resilience, integrity and initiative
- The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
- CISSP certification preferred.
- Information Security Management experience
- Knowledge with Virtualization technologies: VMWare, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Familiarity of concepts such as DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, Software Defined Data Center, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Integration desired.
- Knowledge with Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #BICES
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Attention To Detail
Information Security Management