What you will do
Under the general guidance of the Director of Indirect Tax and supervision of the Manager Sales & Use Tax this position will perform assigned tasks to assist with the compliance of sales & use tax returns.How you will do it
- Preparation of sales and use tax returns
- Provide assistance with data gathering of documentation for return prep
- Prepare Dolphin or Anybill payment requests
- Update and maintain sales & use tax calendars by legal entity
- Print and organize invoice copies required for sales & use tax audits
- Scan and save sales & use tax returns and documentations for records retention
- Assist with providing documentation to internal customers when requested
- Miscellaneous sales and use tax support
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other duties.
What we look for
- Associate degree in business, accounting, finance or equivalent education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- 2-3 years of experience in Corporate Tax or Accounting
- Ability to analyze and audit detailed information for accuracy
- Computer skills and ability to use Excel and prepare spreadsheets
- Good organizational skills
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win everywhere, every day and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through our strategic focus on buildings.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Standard Accounting Practices
Tax Compliance Software