Pressure Relief Application Specialist 1 (Applications Engineer)
Fike Corporation, a rapidly growing international manufacturer of pressure relief, explosion protection, fire suppression and detection equipment, has an opportunity for a Pressure Relief Application Specialist 1 position.
Fike is a privately held business located in Blue Springs, MO with over 400 employees locally & over 1,200 employees worldwide.
Interacts with Fike customers, sales channels and subsidiaries to analyze customer’s needs, determining appropriate applications or potential modifications and changes needed to fulfill customer’s specific needs. Reviews, discusses and interprets customers’ requirements for products. Seeks new application opportunities for products. Assists in technical evaluation of returned products. Gathers, records and analyzes application data. Establishes product offering for applications requiring non-catalog products. Establishes pricing for non-catalog items. The complexity of the work at this level requires initiative and independent judgment. In order to perform a broad range of varied and demanding assignments within the applications area, work requires the application of a comprehensive knowledge of systems, procedures, customers, products and processes. Performs sizing, selection and quoting of products per established procedures.
- Provides prompt, courteous, commercial and technical support.
- Researches complex issues and coordinates problem resolution with appropriate personnel.
- Determines best method to resolve issues ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to Fike policies.
- Provides product related technical assistance to Fike customers, sales channels, and subsidiaries. Maintains detailed knowledge of company products, application, services, prices, policies and procedures; knows how products can be advantageously used to support various applications.
- Maintains knowledge of competitor’s product mix.
- Interacts with customers, sales channels and subsidiaries to initiate sales strategies.
- Identifies and profiles new and existing applications.
- Enters material return numbers for evaluation purposes.
- Participates in technical evaluation of returned product, assists in preparing written reports documenting evaluation results.
- Prepares and submits Engineering Service requests for items requiring new or updated Engineering drawings and procedures.
- Provides non-standard pricing for items not contained within Fike quotation system.
- Performs contract review on projects requiring formal review.
- Assists in sales channel/subsidiary training schools.
- May conduct training in the application of Fike products and services and industry-related information.
- Seeks opportunities on a daily basis to provide training to sales channel/subsidiaries.
- Assists the Regional Sales Managers and sales channel/subsidiary sales channels in generating new business and maintaining existing business.
- Participates in on call rotation.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information processed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Business or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years experience in a sales, engineering, pressure relief, explosion protection, quality or product management environment.
- Industrial equipment sales / applications engineering experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of product applications.
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings & specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales and customer service functions, excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to translate customer/end-user applications/problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Must be capable of working with a high degree of personal discipline.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- US permanent residency required for access to ITAR controlled information.
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Education Assistance
Refer to Job #2019.11. To be considered for this position, an application must be completed by 10/31/2019. Please visit our web site @ www.fike.com to fill out an on-line application.
Fike Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.