Requisition ID: 135981
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a Geotechnical Engineer in our growing Geotechnical Design Group. The primary duties of this engineer will include geotechnical engineering efforts in support of EPC contracts with Power Generation, Power Distribution and Industrial clients. As, such, a strong technical background and excellent communication skills as well as an ability to work well in a team environment are considered critical to this position. You will be part of our rapidly growing Power Delivery, Power Design and Industrial Design Departments, which includes structural, civil, drainage, mechanical, electrical, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of power, industrial, and infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
We have two key positions available with one to be based out of our office in Lenexa, KS. These position include travel to project offices and work sites, and period field assignments.
In this role, you will utilize geotechnical engineering knowledge to complete technical engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business, including:
- Providing project support during the proposal/bid phase working with various team members to identify and evaluate innovative and cost-effective design solutions to geotechnical problems and challenges.
- Working with the pursuit team during the proposal/bid phase to help identify key design risks and develop plans to mitigate risks.
- Working on EPC/design-build projects to develop design recommendations, produce design deliverables, and potentially serve as geotechnical lead or project manager.
- Training and developing staff engineers.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field, required.
- 4+ years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S., required.
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering, including: design of deep foundations, shallow foundations, evaluating slope stability, seismic engineering, retaining wall design, earth retention, rock mechanics, settlement of compressible soils, ground improvement techniques, support of excavation, and dewatering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated focus on interdisciplinary design coordination, coordination between Engineering and Construction, experience working in a team setting, and directing/reviewing the work of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people.
- Proven success in initiating, promoting, and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships amongst a team.
- Ability to travel to project sites and the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.
- EPC or Design-Build experience is a PLUS.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Deep Foundation
- Drainage Systems