The Maintenance Mechanic performs preventive maintenance and troubleshooting procedures on bakery equipment, building, and HVAC maintenance to ensure equipment efficiency and reliability; food and associate safety, product quality, and do so in compliance with our environmental and social responsibilities. They demonstrate maintenance skills to ensure effective equipment operation and timely repair.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Effectively support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
- Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues).
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on production machinery and facility support equipment.
- Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and validate work performed.
- Ensure safety by following all company policies including safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety standards, food safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
- Troubleshoot PLC controlled equipment as well as all plant electrical and mechanical systems including motors, instrumentation, distribution, feed control systems and develop sustainable solutions accordingly.
- Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work orders and detailed logs and have good communication skills across all groups/departments.
- Assist with equipment change overs and line startups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Identify required parts and maintain current inventories, and parts reorder lists.
- Assure that all products are manufactured to the highest standard of quality.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement, also provides suggestions to improve processes and participates on team projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50-80 lbs. Performs highly repetitive motions, stand for eight plus hours, talk, and hear.
- Ability to Climb ladders, stairways, use a manlift/scissorlift at ceiling heights or above with proper safety equipment and work in non-air conditioned environment.
- While performing job duties, the associate will frequently walk, use hands to feel or handle, and to reach with hands and arms. Frequent exposure to oils and greases or coolants.
- While performing job duties, the associate will occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and smell.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and vibration.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Education and Work History:
- HS Diploma/GED Required.
- Food plant experience preferred.
- Training and experience in use of Allen Bradley PLC's, VFD's, HMI, servos, etc. is a plus.
- Preferred minimum 3 years’ experience or accredited courses with PLC’s or completion of Basic Electricity and Basic PLC. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 480v, 3 phase, read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Preferred minimum of 3 years’ experience maintaining manufacturing systems and equipment in an automated plant including experience in electro-mechanical/multi-craft/multi-skilled Maintenance practices. Strong plus if trained and experienced in compressed air systems, Boilers and Hydraulics.
- Must be able to follow written instructions in English
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.