The SourceAmerica story is an inspirational one. For more than 40 years, SourceAmerica is the country’s leading source of job opportunities for people with significant disabilities. Through our network of nonprofits, we supply products and services that meet the strictest quality standards, at a competitive price, and utilize a dedicated workforce of professionals with disabilities. Learn more about us at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Marketing Manager
SourceAmerica is looking for a talented Marketing Manager to join its Vienna, VA-based team.
We want to add a team member who has the best opportunity for success with our organization. Here are a few experiences/skills that are ideal for our needs:
- Do you have agency or in-house agency experience?
- Have you supported sales, trade shows, or marketing events?
- Do you thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment where you manage multiple projects and deadlines?
- Do you love marketing execution as much as you love strategy and building marketing programs?
If you’ve had similar experiences or have those skill sets, please read the following summary of the requirements of this position. Please keep in mind this is a summary and an official job description will be provided to candidates at the time of their interview.
This role is a marketing program management and client services position located in the SourceAmerica National Office in Vienna, VA. Working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, the Marketing Manager will manage cross-functional programs and oversee the day-to-day workflow and execution of assigned SourceAmerica projects and programs. Ensuring all work is produced on time, on budget, and on strategy. Must possess excellent relationship management skills, strong writing, and presentation skills, can think strategically, analytically, and creatively.
- Work in partnership with other SourceAmerica departments to implement and manage internal and external marketing communications activities.
- Manages, researches, develops, executes, and measures marketing campaigns and collaborates with the sales team to set campaign goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with the communications department to create fully integrated marketing and communications plans for multiple programs and projects.
- Work closely with sales to understand objectives and translate that information into impactful customer support tools.
- Coordinates creative development and production of marketing materials, promotional items, collateral, and marketing outreach for print, video, digital and web for internal business partners.
- Applies productive questioning skills to understand client goals and assesses information to uncover ways to deliver effective and efficient solutions to client objectives and challenges. Anticipates challenges and provide solutions.
- Proficient at translating client goals and objectives into creative briefs and direction for the creative team.
- Manages the execution of short- and long-term strategic marketing initiatives on behalf of assigned departments.
- Uses project management software and other digital resource tools to effectively manage projects, client collateral, and digital assets.
- Operates as a liaison between team members and departments/business partners.
- Communicates scope, timing and/or budget changes to team members and key stakeholders, developing contingency plans as needed.
- Selects and manages vendors, consistent with procurement policies and procedures for various assignments.
- Manages project scope and tracks expenses in relation to established budgets.
- Applies marketing best practices, trends, and knowledge of SourceAmerica key strengths and attributes to all marketing initiatives.
- Perform additional duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Actively participate in SourceAmerica’s Everyday Performance Management program.
- Cooperate fully with meeting the requirements of the Cooperative Agreement.
- Associates degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution or equivalent (1.5 years work experience = 1 year college)
- 5 years related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
- 7 years related work experience
- A proactive self-starter that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills for managing projects day-to-day.
- Self-motivated, work independently with minimal guidance.
- Works well under deadline pressure with exceptional time management and problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage multiple, concurrent projects simultaneously.
- Ability to combine and balance strategic thinking with tactical functions.
- Experience with sales support and marketing automation, trade shows, or events marketing.
- Solid background in marketing and communications.
- Advertising agency experience preferred.
- Sound working knowledge and proficiency in the areas of branding, collateral creation, advertising, graphic design and video process, and print material management.
- Working knowledge of Marketing Automation and CRM tools.
- Experience working with project management systems and workflow tools to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Team player.
- Able to be flexible and multi-task, as necessary.
- Ability to build solid relationships.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Positive attitude and collaborative spirit.
- Experience working for a nonprofit in a marketing or communications function.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with individuals and teams across a 400+ organization with a national footprint.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to fulfilling SourceAmerica’s mission, vision, and values.
- Exhibit SourceAmerica’s STAR behaviors.
- Willingness to follow SourceAmerica’s Code of Conduct.
**This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)