Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. Various skill sets needed, including all aspects of Windows Servers, Microsoft Office 365 including Excel with embedded macros and SharePoint, cloud technology, collaboration, intranet, IBM i (iSeries, AS/400), API's between software applications and platforms. In house ERP System supported includes all aspects of Accounting, Inventory Control, Manufacturing, and Sales. Analyze and maintain Information Technology systems and related work as required. Interfacing with users for the purpose of systems analysis is required.
- Design, create Software applications including configuration, patching, upgrades, device management , device analysis, reporting and troubleshooting
- Assist the I.T. department maintaining accurate records of all hardware and software
- Provide support for software applications
- Support project teams in recommending, designing, and implementing new solutions regarding the I. T. environment
- Develop and maintain documentation related to I. T. activities/processes
- Work with key business partners to ensure the adherence to all Taylor Group Inc. standards for software and hardware platforms
- Advise key business partners regarding software policies and best practice
- Effectively work in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to perform these duties independently, with minimal supervision
- Five years of experience with Windows and IBM i including configuration and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience with process definition and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and experience working in a high-functioning team environment
- Experience working with IT teams is required
Four year degree in a computer related field and 10 years development experience. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree, but experience is a must with this position.
- Communicate effectively with other personnel in the department to understand requirements and provide solutions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with fellow workers and other Taylor
- Be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if an emergency problem exists.
- Perform all duties in a courteous and professional manner.
Provide Technical Assistance
Software Development Life Cycle