The SAIC ISMC Multi-Client Service Desk, located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, currently has an opening for the position of IT Service Desk Technical Support Specialist I (Service Desk Agent).
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Our Service Desk is the single point of contact for all Information Technology issues and requests from ISMC employees and contractors, supporting corporate users at every skill level and background via telephone, email, and direct ticket submission. In addition, we provide off hours coverage in support of multiple ISMC customers, ensuring 24 by 7 support is available.
Candidates must be flexible to work any 10-hour shift within our hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year, with emphasis on overnights, weekends, and holidays. This position typically works a four-day, 40-hour work week. We are seeking candidates who live in or around the Oak Ridge area in East Tennessee to work in our office but Teleworking capability is also required, to assure coverage in cases of inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience.
- Minimum 1 year of technical support experience in a call center environment
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience with ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex technical issues, ideas, and results via telephone, email, and chat
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service and ability to collaborate effectively and get along with teammates
- Proficiency using and supporting common corporate applications, browsers, networks, VPN/remote access, and antivirus software
- Interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communications, including ability to document work performed clearly and accurately in electronic ticketing system
- Solid understanding of IT concepts/practices and comprehensive knowledge of personal computers.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office (2007 and later) and Windows 10 OS in an enterprise environment
- Experience with account administration and password resets in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Ability to handle majority of requests without additional assistance, following established procedures and using available knowledge base and support tools provided to follow issues through to a proper resolution.
- Teleworking capability required (must have home work space, high-speed Internet, and compatible Windows computer).
- Microsoft Active Directory and DFS experience, Powershell
- Microsoft Exchange Server-based email using Outlook, Office 365 administration
- Technical certifications such as A+, N+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA
- Technical writing
- Knowledge of help desk software and tools
- Mobile device support
- Web-based application support and development.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Cisco Certified Network Associate