Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6373596543700.
The Linde Field Service Technician is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of two oxygen producing plants in Lima, OH.
This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires sound technical abilities in instrumentation, controls, and electrical systems with training provided in site-specific applications. The Plant Technician must demonstrate initiative in handling issues and be self-motivated.
Field Service Technicians must be dependable. They work with minimal supervision and must demonstrate initiative. Linde Field Service Technicians usually work alone and have primary responsibility for their assigned plant. Service Technicians must be available for callouts for plant operational issues outside of normal working hours.
The Field Service Technician in this role operate all aspects of the Linde air separation plants, from routine operations to solving production problems. They maintain compressors, pumps, valves, motors and related equipment. Field Service technician can start-up, shut down, and operate the plant. The plant is located at a customer site and is typically within an hour drive from the home location.
- The technician must solve a variety of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and process control problems.
- The technician makes decisions which require coordination of interrelated tasks. T
- The employee develops conceptual solutions to moderately difficult, non-routine issues/problems and provides guidance on technical leadership of projects.
- Field Service Technicians are trained and mentored as they develop knowledge and skills.
- The employee is also supported with supervision, lead technicians, engineers, sales and other technical staff. Occasionally the technician will travel to locations outside the assigned area to support other plants and for training.
- Maintain all Safety, Quality, and Compliance activities at each plant location
- Start up, shutdown, and operate the production processes
- Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on a variety of process equipment including centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, gas analyzers, control systems, electrical systems and process control valves
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment, electrical components, and production processes
- Time management
- Planning and executing operations and maintenance tasks for assigned plants
- Purchasing of materials and/or services such as contractors
- Monthly plant billing
- Documentation, reports, and other administrative duties
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Dependable and honest
- Safety commitment and compliance with procedures
- Safe driving
- Organization and time management
- Trouble shooting and diagnostics
- Maintenance and repairs
- Process understanding, process control schematic interpretation
- Computers, Microsoft applications, process control computer systems, maintenance and compliance documentation
- Communications, both verbal and written
- Quality controls, analyzers
- Organization and time management
- Self-directed learning
- Planning and project management
In addition to being able to sit, stand, climb, walk, read, talk, see and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities:
- Drive a service (pickup) truck up to 2 or 3 hours per day and up to 8 hours on occasion
- Perform office work requiring sitting at the computer and other administration duties 1 or 2 hours per day
- Walking on flat or uneven surfaces and in areas of crushed stone is per daily basis
- Bending, stooping, and working from just above the ground to 6-foot elevation
- Use of stairs and ladders for elevated work
- Lifting 5 to 15 lbs. loads is performed daily
- Lifting 15 to 45 lbs. loads is done on an intermittent basis
- Lifting over 45 to 75 lbs. is done occasionally
- Upper body work activities, including using wrenches, hammers, and similar tools
- Use of power tools such as drills
- Use of fingers/fine manipulation (such as instrumentation calibration)
- Normal work week of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
- On call for plant issues during off hours. Provided company cell phone, laptop, and service truck. Plant performance highly dictated by employee effort
High School Diploma required.
2 - 5 years of Operations experience highly desirable in many of the following fields:
- Air separation or similar complex process control function
- Instrumentation and control
- General maintenance of industrial equipment
- Compressors and compressor maintenance
- Industrial Mechanical
- Industrial Electrical or Electrician
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Military technical fields
- Engineers, Machinist Mates, Electrician Mates, Gas Turbine Technicians, Boiler Technicians and Nuclear technicians, among others
- Associate Degree in a technical field.
Accommodations can be made if reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Control Systems
- Defensive Driving