Project Manager (Power Generation):
, a full service distributor of power generation and engine systems has an opening on our Engineering & Sales Support team for a PROJECT MANAGER
. This position can sit in Atlanta, GA Cleveland, OH or Phoenix, AZ.
The primary responsibility of a Power Generation Project Manager
is to ensure products meet quality and efficiency standards set by MTU, W.W. Williams and the end client.
This position has the authority to accept or reject products as necessary. They keep a record of problems they find and may be required to facilitate repairs or modifications to the product. These issues may be required to be documented in various client platforms and management of the platforms will be a responsibility of the Power Generation Project Manager
Communication and sharing of documentation with MTU on each issue is necessary to allow the MTU quality systems team to input the issues into the MTU quality process. Accurate communications on each issue is critical. Working with third party suppliers on third party supplied equipment will be necessary. Escorting and managing of third-party issues will be documented and observed in the same manner as all MTU issues.
- Oversees the preparation of project proposals/quotes for accurate specifications, time frames, pricing, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Learn and understand client provided platform when necessary.
- Participate in site specific safety orientations and obey all client site rules and regulations.
- Report to client job site daily for site meetings and project coordination when requested. Represent WWW/Manufacturer while on site.
- Participate with client quality team during daily walk through inspections.
- Work directly with manufacturer distributor technicians and/or third-party suppliers on site.
- Document each issue in client provided platform.
- Respond to any open issues in client platform within 24 hours of creation.
- Communicate directly with manufacturer and/or customer on each issue to ensure complete understanding and chain of events.
- Ensure resolution meets manufacturer quality acceptance as well as client acceptance.
- Close all open issues once resolution has been accepted.
- Work directly with manufacturer to ensure permanent corrective actions are in place.
- Schedule coordination for incoming deliveries
- Attend factory witness testing at client specified locations
- Uses vendor selection and relationships to maintain highest possible margin.
- Coordinates with operational management for the use of technician labor, communicating time schedules and customer commitments. Monitor the technician's performance on the job, providing feedback to management and identifying training and tooling needs.
- Coordinate daily technician activities during commissioning
- Assists in developing proper start-up procedures and assuring they are followed on the job. Review all necessary start-up and warranty paperwork on existing jobs.
- Monitors project progress throughout each phase, comparing activity to time schedule and budget, advising management and sales personnel of any issues or concerns. Provides management with regular status reports of all active projects.
- Confers with project personnel internal and external - to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Works with Sales Team to generate new business opportunities by identifying new opportunities in the field, participating in trade shows and trade associations, and providing technical support when necessary.
- Project Coordination