To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wilmington, DE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Corporate Trust Tax Manager
M&T Bank • Wilmington, DE
Posted 18 days ago
Corporate Trust Tax Manager
At M&T and Wilmington Trust, a part of M&T Bank Corporation, we understand what’s important when considering a new position: a stable and forward-looking company with a commitment to hiring the most talented people, developing their skills, and keeping them. A company that rewards performance and provides employees with opportunities to direct their own career paths. A company invested in you.
• Prepare and maintain corporate trust tax reporting for 1099 and 1042 IRS filings; validate W-9 and W-8 tax certificates for accuracy and completeness; retain and re-solicit tax certificates.
• Responsible for overseeing coordination of work flow and filing all necessary forms and reports for federal and state tax authorities for the Global Capital Markets business lines, including, but not limited to, Loan & Agency, Mergers & Acquisitions, Escrows, Custody, Structured Finance, and Corporate Debt.
• Provide guidance to staff regarding tax issues and reporting issues.
• Maintain an awareness of all relevant tax rules. Perform related duties as required including preparing various internal reports and answering questions concerning tax reporting issues.
• Assists other areas of the Bank by researching the most complex tax issues and demonstrating the ability to reach appropriate conclusions.
• Communicates with clients and/or their representatives regarding tax related issues.
• Represents the Bank in audits before the taxing authorities.
• Reviews software and systems to maximize efficiency
• Identify and implement process improvements related to both regulatory and tax adherence within the department
• Ability to work under low supervision
• Internal contact within COE or other M&T departments.
• External contacts with bank examiners and auditors.
• Participate in tax withholding and information reporting industry forums
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of FATCA and NRA tax regulations
• Strong research and writing skills
• Experience with Markit MD3 and IPS, or other form validation software is a plus
• Complex analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated team player and ability to work under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility to support multiple business lines
• Customer service focus
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field with a minimum of
5 years finance experience or in lieu of a degree, 9 years relevant experience.
Minimum 3 years of managerial experience.
Solid knowledge of personal computers and the software programs utilized in department. Demonstrated knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and departmental software.
Moderate to complex analytical and problem-solving skills
Demonstrated team player with strong interpersonal skills
Ability to set examples for others
Ability to work under pressure
Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated analytical ability
Flexibility to support multiple business lines, providing excellent customer service
Knowledge and application of GAAP
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of operational tax withholding and information reporting experience at a large financial institution or account firm
Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
JD, MBA or CPA ideal
Advanced use of MS Office products and department software.
At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
Job Posting: Jun 4, 2018, 3:06:13 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing