Working with us takes a certain kind of person; we want someone who identifies with our values and is willing to challenge themselves both personally and professionally. We seek employees who are passionate about serving and making a difference in the lives of others.
Eckerd Connects provides Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) services through contracts with the U.S. Department of Labor and local workforce boards, partnerships, and strategies to provide and create a career pathway for youth, adults, and dislocated workers. Training services include occupational skills training, customized training, on-the-job training, incumbent worker training, and transitional employment opportunities. We provide youth with development, academic instruction, career & technical education, and access to the 14 WIOA Youth Elements. We establish and develop relationships and networks with large and small employers and their intermediaries as well as develop, convene, or implement industry or sector partnerships.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Workforce Career Coach follow the link for more information about our Workforce Programs: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Workforce Career Coach Concept
The Career Coach is the primary point of contact with the participants and others in the participant’s circle of influence. The Career Coach will recruit for the program as well as seek employment and educational opportunities as participants complete the program. The Career Coach must display initiative, exercise judgment and make decisions that are consistent with program goals.
- Outreach/Recruitment through attending/conducting activities in the community relating to participant development.
Assessment/Eligibility of participants per project plan.
- Maintain case records detailing service needs and activities/arrangements for their fulfillment, according to data-management procedures established by program management and the funding sources.
- Deliver skills training in software applications, work readiness skills and the development of basic remedial skills in math and reading.Develop presentation and facilitation skills to engage students in meeting program goals.
- Deliver program curriculum/objectives in classroom/simulated workplace environment.
- Job Development by connect with employers and community organizations on a frequent basis to market and enrich the program and the success of the participants.
- Identify and recruit target population of clients and employers.
- Data and paperwork management.
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Participate in training and development activities as required.
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate participant-to-participant or staff-to-participant relationships.
- Report any use of physical force and all unusual incidents per Eckerd policy and state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Related Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited College or University preferred.
Experience: Past experience working with the targeted population. 3+ years relevant work experience.
Skills: Demonstrated proficient in using Microsoft Office applications or online database tracking systems. Must have the ability to efficiently manage a large participant caseload (Active and Follow-up) in a fast pace environment. Must have the ability to work independent of central office or direct management support. Ability to maintain a leadership role with the students to motivate and influence positive behaviors. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge and or experience with classroom management techniques.
Other: Must have appropriate and valid state driver’s license and be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes.
Physical Demands: The environment is an open office/classroom type facility that is reasonably clean and comfortable. The incumbent is in a non-confined setting in which he/she is free to move about. The position requires that the incumbent spend time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified.
Make more than a Living, Make a Difference
We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance | 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year | 11 paid holidays | Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5% | Flexible spending accounts | Paid short-term and long-term disability | Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance | Voluntary term life insurance
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, and founded in 1968 by philanthropists, Jack and Ruth Eckerd, Eckerd Connects is one of the largest national nonprofit child and family service organizations in the United States. Eckerd provides a full continuum of life-changing behavioral health, child welfare services, and workforce development through multiple offices and facilities nationwide that strengthen families, assist young adults, and help children succeed.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. ("Eckerd Connects") considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Eckerd Connects is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.