With over 100 years of experience in the industry and an incredible reputation my client is looking to on board a New Product Development Engineer to join their team. This individual will be focused more on supporting the design of new products and improving existing automation products. This product line that this individual will be supporting is their most technical line of products they offer.
Our client has been in business for over 100 years and has an outstanding reputation in the market place especially surrounding the quality of their products. They are a family feel company with a little over 300 employees globally but have the backing of a manufacturing heavy weight who has revenues of over $8 Billion. Extremely stable, growing company.
This person will be responsible for design of new products and improving existing products in order to meet stated project goals and product specifications. Products consist primarily of mechanical and servo-based rotary cam indexers and conveyors components. Also the project scope, detailing the design, creation of drawings and models, testing, documenting, and reporting within a team environment. He/she will identify and control design risks.
Promotes safety awareness with other key members of the plant team. Promotes accident prevention and employee involvement with regard to safe work environment. Ensures employees have an understanding on the safety expectations of the organization.
- Designs and develops new products and Automation product extensions and enhancements, relating to linear, rotary, parallel motion products such as servo driven indexers, pick and place, robotic tools and conveying equipment.
- Researches, collects and reports information on the ability and capacity of products and competing equipment (competitive analysis).
- Creates 3D assembly models, manufacturing drawings, bills of materials, generates CAD files, catalog art work, text and specifications.
- Cooperates with Applications Engineering in resolving quality and production issues. May evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Assist in driving results with internal and external resources per the product development stage gate process and schedule.
- Executes testing of new products and obtains agency approvals where needed.
- Tracks and records design changes following ECN processes.
- Communicates with vendors and global teams to facilitate and resolve project issues.
- Generates documentation needs and requirements.
- Generates Management project status reports comparing project schedule and objectives.
- Keeps informed of industry trends that may lead to new product offerings and future projects.
- Leverages continuous improvement tools to drive improvements.
Requires a minimum of 4 years of design experience in mechanical design, robotic tooling field or mechanical transmission (gears, CAMS etc.,) related field.
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, materials science etc.
- Experience in Mechanical/Mechatronic applications involving robotics, Gear drives, CAM mechanisms, Precision conveyors, VFD, servo drives, indexers, grippers, and linear devices.
- Requires working knowledge of Solid works design software both 2-D and 3-D (or equivalent)
- 2 years experienced in Mechanical/Mechatronic design of rotary or linear motion.
- Experience with mechanical transmission systems, or cam design a plus.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and part tolerances a plus.
- Basic working knowledge of stage gate documentation such as: Product Specification, FEA, DFMEA, DVP&R, DFM, product validation, etc. preferred.
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
- Evaluate final product's overall performance, reliability and safety.
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs.
Highly competitive compensation package
Geometric Dimensioning And Tolerancing
Design For Manufacturability (Industrial Design)
Design Failure Mode And Effects Analysis