If you are a design engineer professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Eden Prairie, MN location, you will manage and lead engineering efforts for new product development (NPD) projects from concept to production release. AS DESIGN ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Initiate and lead projects through the design process, either as an engineer (technical) lead or project manager.
- Utilize logic, reason, and analytical skills to improve product design and performance, processes, quality, or costs.
- Apply theory and sound engineering practices to solve mechanical and fabrication problems.
- Select material and components, estimate costs, produce test plans and engineering documentation for projects.
- Interact frequently with manufacturing, purchasing, marketing, vendors, sales, and customers on technical matters.
- Prepare detailed plans necessary to complete work on programs or complex projects.
- Develop product specifications utilizing a design for manufacturing approach in the early project states.
- Monitor prototype construction, labratory testing, and agency testing during the product design cycle.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to designers, drafters, test labratory and model shop team members.
- Effectively communicate or present project status issues, both written and verbally, and recommend changes in procedures and objectives when appropriate.
You uncover root causes to difficult problems. You can take a creative idea and put it into practice. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You prepare content for communication that is impactful.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field (ABET - accredited engineering degree preferred)
Minimum two years engineering experience to include either Quality, Design, Sustaining, Manufacturing or Product development.
Occasional domestic & international travel required
Legal authorization to work in the United States
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
New Product Development