Advanced Programmer/analyst position.
1. Design, code and debug source code in one or more components of a lottery system
2. Contribute to the gathering of requirements for proposed system modifications.
3. Conduct code reviews as needed
4. Understand and follow the ongoing process of source code development within SGI. Help create and maintain project-related documentation in anticipation of internal and third-party audits. Follow and help to improve shop standards for development work.
5. Participate as needed in the 24/7 support of production lottery systems.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. BS in Computer Science (or acceptable equivalent).
2. 7+ years programming experience required. Any experience programming in a large-scale transaction processing system, a plus.
3. Applicants are expected to have solid understanding in most of the following areas of core competency:
• SQL Server. SQL language, Reporting Services, Profiler, BCP.
• T-SQL (stored procs, triggers, etc)
• ASP.net (VB and/or C#)
• Java Script
• REST API
4. DBA skills in MS SQL Server is a plus. This includes performance analysis and tuning, management of indexes, etc.
5. Experience with OutSystems development platform, a plus.
6. Possess valid papers and be available for occasional travel (5%), possibly on short notice.
Your personal strengths
1. Very good interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills.
2. A self-starter with a do-what-it-takes attitude.
3. Able to help solve complex problems
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment where multi-tasking is common.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.