Company is looking for an experienced, growth-focused Vice President of Acquisition Marketing to lead the expansion and diversification of their acquisition channels. This person will develop Company’s overall customer acquisition strategy and manage a team responsible for optimizing, refining, and managing campaigns across a variety of digital and offline channels with a focus on improving individual channel and overall portfolio efficiency.
This role requires close collaboration with Product, Finance, Analytics, and our Partner and Consumer Marketing team to ensure success and cohesiveness across all consumer tough points. This person be responsible for sharing the Acquisition Marketing team vision with the Company leadership team and the broader company. We are looking for a problem solver and architect that wants to help improve the car discovery, buying and selling process. This position reports to the Chief Brand Officer.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Performance Marketing. Lead the development, planning and execution of multi-channel growth strategies across both digital, audio and offline channels. The candidate will have responsibility for all acquisition and retention marketing dollars allocated and measurement against quantitative targets. Ultimately, the candidate will be responsible for driving profitable growth from paid marketing initiatives.
- Generate Demand. The candidate will be responsible for generating demand through all channels, including but not limited to digital (search, display, affiliate, couponing-incentives,celebrity-influencer, email, content, bloggers), print, TV, radio, out-of-home, and direct mail. Demand generation will also encompass remarketing to the existing customers.
- Customer Segmentation. The candidate will understand the needs of each customer segment partnering with the Consumer Marketing team, and apply current and future products to each segment, and movement of the customers through the lifecycle (new business to repeat customer). Lead customer segmentation analysis, and manage the most effective messaging / price / channel for customer segments. Have a clear understanding of which channels, messages, etc. yield the strongest ROI for all customer segments.
- Analytical Approach. The candidate will have the responsibility to set an analytical environment of data capture and interpretation. This comes from a thorough testing approach to identify the most effective messaging of products and price points for different customers and stages in their lifecycle. Understanding of metrics and analytics is required (LTV, CAC, Churn, etc.). This candidate will partner with the Product Growth, Consumer and Partner Marketing teams to build an attribution model that ties all of the customer data and tools together.
- Partner Management. Understand how to build and grow our partner marketing channel. Company has over 500+ partners including AAA, AARP, and American Express. Employ technologies and programs to create massive reach within this channel.
- Acquisition Strategy Collaboration. Partner with the Chief Marketing Officer and VP’s of Consumer, Industry and Dealer Marketing in developing customer acquisition strategies. The Acquisition media lead to share media recommendations and plans to support Marketing team lead goals and initiatives.
- Cross-collaboration. Collaborate with the finance, analytics, growth and engineering teams to build and integrate marketing automation solutions as needed. Report results regularly to the executive team. Collaborate with the product, analytics, and brand marketing teams to continuously test, and optimize campaign and portfolio efficiency, driving greater scale and higher ROAS.
- Develop Tracking Systems. The candidate will develop methods to track and evaluate the performance of the acquisition and retention marketing campaigns. This includes data collection, real-time interpretation of results, best practices and processes, and scalable systems. Every dollar spent should tie back to analytics presented in real time.
- CRM / Marketing Automation. Ability to navigate and customize Company’s CRM for performance marketing purposes (i.e. reporting, email marketing, upsells) and marketing automation tools.
- Engagement. Optimize the customer experience by creating programs to increase customer engagement, cross- sell other offerings, and incentivize with referral / promotion. Partner with the Product Growth and Consumer Marketing teams on the customer lifecycle The Product Growth team to oversee the product trigger email, push notifications, and the Consumer Marketing team to lead the content strategy and loyalty/retention programs.
- Test, test, and then test more. Test and provide proactive insights and analysis on strategic challenges and new marketing opportunities. Deliver actionable insights by synthesizing information from competitor analysis and market research. Develop and optimize unique strategies aimed at increasing traffic and conversion at different stages of the Company customer lifecycle.
- Acquisition Operations. The candidate will be accountable for forecasting, planning, and budgeting with the CMO and Marketing team leads. This includes determining priorities, allocating resources, and developing internal tools, policies and processes. This candidate will also lead the vision for the marketing technology and infrastructure needed to drive long term growth – evaluate tools, attribution models, testing capabilities, dashboards, and reporting needs.
- Manage external resources. Manage any/all agency or external partners that relate to the function of acquisition and retention marketing, including, but not limited to agencies that support paid search, paid social, catalogs/direct mail (prospect lists, printing and production), email service providers, etc.
- Define the competitive media marketplace. The candidate will be part of developing a corporate understanding of Company’s business risks, competitive media landscape, and industry-wide (or niche) opportunities and contribute to the executive conversations pertaining to the direction and acquisition strategy of the company.
- Stay on brand. Know the core customers across consumer, dealer and partners and constantly evangelize the positioning across our media channels. Deliver Company’s brand messaging and visual identity consistently across platforms in partnership with the Marketing team leads and rise above the noise in order to acquire new customers and foster loyalty among existing customers.
- Build culture and recruit a world-class team. As the acquisition marketing leader, the candidate will have responsibility to recruit and retain an extraordinary team and contribute to the overall culture of the company.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must be based in the Santa Monica office.
- 8-10+ years of work experience in customer acquisition managing a large multi-million dollar budget across a variety of channels.
- A track record for successful execution of effective ROI-focused marketing campaigns across SEM, Social, Programmatic Display, TV, and radio/podcast.
- Experience with segmentation & targeting (CRM), acquisition & retention (CAC, CPA, LTV), pricing & revenue (RPU) and conversion reporting & analytics (KPI).
- Strong track record of developing innovative and cost-effective marketing campaigns in an entrepreneurial and fast-moving environment.
- Consumer insights experience revealing powerful and actionable information about your target audience and the ability to tap into those insights to build compelling campaigns and programs.
- Strong skills with management of large database, customer segmentation and transformation of data into actionable insights.
- You must think about the customer experience / process from the outside in.
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels.
- Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
- Experience managing and growing a high-performance acquisition team.
- Undergraduate degree is required; MBA preferred.
Customer Acquisition Management