To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bakersfield, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
NURSE PRACTITIONER-10 HR
The GEO Group, Inc. • Bakersfield, CA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Facility: MESA VERDE ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position diagnoses and treats acute, episodic, or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team. In addition, it may focus on health promotion and disease prevention; order, perform, or interpret diagnostic tests such as laboratory work and x- rays; and prescribe medication.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine medical examinations on inmates or detainees under established guidelines.
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic conditions.
- Provides medical treatment and services consistent with the provision of basic health care services in conjunction with a physician.
- Formulates comprehensive plans and prognosis based on the patient’s health conditions.
- Prescribes medication dosages, routes, and frequencies based on patients' characteristics such as age and gender.
- Orders, performs, or interprets the results of diagnostic tests such as complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs), and radiographs (x-rays).
- Analyzes and interprets patients' histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Develops treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
- Documents all provided services in the patient’s medical record.
- Diagnoses or treats acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections, and injuries.
- Counsels patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances.
- Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Detects and responds to adverse drug reactions.
- Educates patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients' individual circumstances.
- Diagnoses or treats chronic health care problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Maintains complete and detailed records of patients' health care plans and prognoses.
- Provides patients with information needed to promote health, reduce risk factors, or prevent disease or disability.
- Treats or refers patients for primary care conditions such as headaches, hypertension, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, and dermatological conditions.
- Diagnoses or treats complex, unstable, comorbid, episodic, or emergency conditions in collaboration with other health care providers as necessary.
- Consults with or refers patients to appropriate specialists when conditions exceed the scope of practice or expertise.
- Reads current literature, talk with colleagues, and participates in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in nursing.
- Recommends diagnostic or therapeutic interventions with attention to safety, cost, invasiveness, simplicity, acceptability, adherence, and efficacy.
- Schedules follow-up visits to monitor patients or evaluate health or illness care.
- Supervises or coordinate patient care or support staff activities.
- Maintains current knowledge of state legal regulations for nurse practitioner practice including reimbursement of services.
- Performs primary care procedures such as suturing, splinting, administering immunizations, taking cultures, and debriding wounds.
- Maintains departmental policies and procedures in areas such as safety and infection control.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Certified to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the state in which the facility is located.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Skill in performing uncomplicated surgical procedures.
- Ability to administer prescribed medications.
- Ability to perform complete physical appraisals of patients.
- Ability to identify and evaluate illnesses.
- Ability to initiate diagnostic laboratory tests and evaluate the results.
- Ability to manage the care of patients.
- Ability to work with patients having a variety of physical problems.
- Ability to compile and evaluate medical histories and other clinical and laboratory data.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.