Based in our Guam office
, we are offering the
opportunity for a Geotechnical Field
to join our interdisciplinary team of motivated professional
scientists, planners and engineers. Working on a diverse range of projects,
this role will fulfill numerous important technical and fieldwork functions.
GHD offers a supportive and engaged office culture, compensating team members
competitively based on performance and individual achievement.
Geotechnical Field Technicians
will be called upon to support both large and
small projects throughout Guam and the Pacific. Work tasks will vary greatly,
but may generally include:
- Monitor contractor preparation of earthwork related construction
activities such as excavation, compaction, dewatering, fill placement, ground
improvements, and pile installation.
- Perform in-place density testing on backfill material.
- Coordinate with contractors.
- Prepare daily field reports.
- Perform environmental sampling of soil, groundwater, soil gas and
- Monitor environmental remediation.
- Perform laboratory geotechnical testing.
- Monitor subsurface explorations (i.e. borings, test pits, etc.).
- Communicate activities with project team on a daily basis.
The following are required for all applicants:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently effectively and efficiently
- Willingness to travel for up to a week at a time
- Adept at working with a multidisciplinary team in a diversity of
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for discrete periods
- Experience with general construction safety protocols and equipment
- Ability to analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports
- Must have a valid US driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Our commitment to you
- Associate’s degree in physical science, building systems, or
related field (relevant on-the-job experience may be considered in place
- Current 10-hour OSHA Construction Industry Training or 40-hour
HAZWOPER certification, preferred but not required
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.