Come join an award winning team!
Lorien Health Services is a family-owned nursing home, rehabilitation, and assisted living company. Lorien is a recognized leader in health care across Maryland. We are known for providing a family-focused atmosphere for both our employees and our residents. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of the people we touch by providing, patient-centered care utilizing the latest in healthcare technology that results in the finest outcomes for our residents.
Lorien has been awarded Baltimore’s BEST ELDER CARE, a HEALTHCARE HERO by Daily Record, and one of the Best Nursing Homes by U.S. News and World Report. Our Mount Airy Location has also been certified as a Vohra Wound Physicians Center of Excellence for Wound Management.
As a part of our continued success, we are seeking genuine, motivated and companionate Geriatric Nursing Assistants to become a part of the Lorien family.
We have new rates and offer shift differential for evening, night, and weekend shifts. Come see what you've been missing.
Successful candidate will provide each assigned resident with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisor.
Specific duties of a Geriatric Nursing Assistant will include:
- Providing residents with a positive and family-focused environment
- Ensuring that all residents are treated with kindness, dignity, and respect
- Cleaning, bathing, and dressing residents
- Distributing food trays and feeding residents
As a Geriatric Nursing Assistant, you must have a kind, patient and empathetic personality as well as a commitment to providing patients with the best possible care. You must also be a team player with a strong work ethic and the willingness to pitch in and help wherever and whenever it is needed. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
Specific qualifications for the Geriatric Nursing Assistant position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have completed Maryland Board of Nursing GNA course and maintain certification by regulations
- Must have active, unencumbered certification with the Maryland BON
- CPR certification
- Cheerful, tactful disposition
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to pass criminal background check and drug screen
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
- First aid certification, preferred
- Computer proficiency, a plus
Benefits of Working with Lorien:
- Health Insurance
- 4 1K
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Fixed and Floating Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Discounted Services at Turf Valley
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the standards of the Company's Code of Conduct and appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
- Holds a valid MD GNA license in good standing
- Lorien Health Services is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Hardworking And Dedicated