Medline Industries has an opening for a Director of Product Management in our Urology product division! This position will be based out of our Northfield, IL headquarters and will offer a flexible hybrid model of work. The Director of Product Management will oversee and manage Product Teams (may have multiple reports including Senior Manager and Manager levels) for the sourcing, marketing, product development, sales support and financial growth of multiple product categories. This person will also assist with or prepare the long-term business and marketing strategy. The Director of Product Management will provide subject matter expertise for complex, generally more established product lines, largest divisional product lines, or multiple product categories.
- Negotiate pricing with vendors for raw materials and finished goods. Visit vendors to develop products and train personnel in all aspects of each product and usages. Coordinate materials with vendors and develop finished custom items.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and promotional programs for existing products to include product strategy development, pricing strategy, collateral creation and brand management
- Review monthly financial performance and determine contributing factors. Offer solutions for detrimental sales or cost trends. Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense expectations. Analyze sales trends over time and impact of competitive strategies. Support forecasts and budgets with appropriately detailed marketing plans.
- Work with Product Teams, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Engineering to reduce Cost of Goods by assessing packaging, alternate materials, new sources of material, stocking, make to order, direct to customer shipments, etc. Manage inventory by focusing on eliminating surplus and optimizing SKU count.%26ensp;%26ensp;%26ensp;%26ensp;%26ensp;
- Develop and deliver training materials for internal stakeholders, sales forces and customers. Create sales tools.
- Conduct effective market research and translate that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a multi-functional team.
- Travel with sales force to support efforts to convert customers to purchase Medline products. Provide timely follow up to sales forces by answering product questions via e-mail and phone.
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more! COVID-19 Vaccination
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law. Education
Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree.
- At least 8 years of marketing, sales, product management or clinical practice experience (preferably in the healthcare industry).
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- At least 2 years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Clinical Practices
- Contract Negotiation
- Financial Analysis