To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carson, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Import Billing and File Auditor
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics • Carson, CA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics is hiring! We have the following opportunity for a qualified individual to join our F.A.M.I.L.Y. and be part of the Company DNA. We provide competitive compensation with a strong benefits plan and monthly one-one-one performance discussions to develop our employees and drive our business forward.
Job Responsibilities :
- Audit 100 % of the files to ensure all files are billed correctly and according to tariff
- Pull invoice report and compare to A/R
- Validate type of move (LCL, FCL, BCO, console...etc) which indicates rate card to be applied
- Double check all files to ensure that service type is entered
- Clean up SHP# / billing reference number for typing error or if missing
- Clean up lane IDs field in the system
- Double check all invoices with extra charges or moved on spot have proper remarks
- Currently Special Project / Exceptions
- Enter proper container number on reports
- Pick up city and delivery not always accurate. Must be validated
- Check if rates are accurately billed before customer disputes
- If still any invoice is disputed investigate and report back to Customer with detailed explanation or dispute approval. Send spots weekly to Customer and help with spot quote request.
- Provide daily feedback to Import Agent and Supervisor based on audit results and discrepancies in each file.
- Recommend process improvements to ensure 100% accuracy & compliance within file billing and processing responsibilities; recommend corrective actions to Import team members and colleagues at origin, as appropriate.
- Review daily internal reports, exception reports and AR reports.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the rate cards and full understanding of the ADHOC Process
- Monitor, respond and follow-up on e-mails under timeline established by management
Education and Experience
- 4 year College Degree plus 3 – 5 years experience in an operational role with Ocean Carrier or Forwarding and Logistics business required; or combination of equivalent education and experience
- Must have strong accounting background
- Must have knowledge of rate cards, rate quotes, ocean containers, carriers, locality register and modes of transportation. Must have direct knowledge of ocean ports, terminals, agent and carriers services and pricing policies. Must be knowledgeable with import, export operations’ terminology
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel including formula writing, charts, report writing required.
- Mid-level Microsoft PowerPoint skill sets to generate slides, required
- Ability to communicate at various levels of understanding from operations to management
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and relay in writing or verbally knowledge of procedures to others
Reasonable accommodations for qualified candidates to meet the essential functions of this position are available.